• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Here's your flag burning news..

2 Fla. teen 'anarchists' charged in flag burnings

ASSOCIATED PRESS

SARASOTA, Fla. - Two Sarasota teens accused of burning six American flags have been charged with arson and manufacturing a firebomb.

Scott A. Baber and Brian A. Richard III, both 18, told deputies they burned the flags because they are anarchists and disagree with the war in Iraq and other U.S. government policies.

They set fire to six flags Sunday and tried to firebomb a car, the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office said.

Richard remained in jail today on $402,120 bail. Baber was released Monday on $101,120 bail.

The pair were charged with arson, manufacture of a fire bomb and criminal mischief.

Baber and Richard burned about five flags at homes in the Bent Tree subdivision, where they live with Baber's parents, then set fire to a flag at its clubhouse, said Lt. Chuck Lesaltato, a spokesman for the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office.

"Our deputies came up on them as they were returning to their car," he said.

The arrest of his son surprised Brian Richard II.

"His grandfather was a decorated military man. The whole thing really stunned me. I was really sad that they made that choice," the elder Richard said.

Residents of the golf course community were also upset.

"How stupid," Pat Davidson said, straightening the stones surrounding her blackened flagpole. "What kind of thrill would you get burning an American flag?"

-------------------------------

See, here's where you don't have to amend the constitution. Just get them with counts of arson. Which is legal.

I lived in Sarasota and I'm familiar with Bent Tree. These are just two kids that didn't get enough ass - whippins' when they were younger.

TonyD said:
I lived in Sarasota and I'm familiar with Bent Tree. These are just two kids that didn't get enough ass - whippins' when they were younger.

Agreed. And thank heavens SOME judicial systems still work.

Bent Tree is a relatively upscale golfing community. I would imagine the spoiled rich kid, x-box playing, too much time on their hands syndrome. Oops, you're playing in the big-boys world, now. Doom on you!

TonyD said:
Bent Tree is a relatively upscale golfing community. I would imagine the spoiled rich kid, x-box playing, too much time on their hands syndrome. Oops, you're playing in the big-boys world, now. Doom on you!

Careful, Tony. You'll confuse the young'ens They might get the wrong idea about what "Doom on you" actually means. (If they ever learn enough Vietnamese I'll have to step in and censor it.) [wink]

Ken

KMaurer said:
TonyD said:

Careful, Tony. You'll confuse the young'ens They might get the wrong idea about what "Doom on you" actually means. (If they ever learn enough Vietnamese I'll have to step in and censor it.) [wink]

Ken

It's all in the spelling. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom