• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Here we go again.........

The only thing worse than attempting to disprove
the existence of near-misses and low-angle skip shots
by festooning the top of berms with 20' high Tyvek sheets on poles
like some kind of Christo art installation
ATM-Christo-Running-Fence-631.jpg

is discovering that the Tyvek gets more holes than all the cheese in Switzerland.
[shocked]

Looks kinda messed up for only hitting a window and screen, especially from a mile away. At least they remembered to use a fired bullet instead of one with the casing still on.

I call BS.
[rolleyes]
Meanwhile, in Litchfield...

I’m surprised people haven’t complained sooner, I’ve been there with someone at work and couldn’t believe the neighbors haven’t complained as you drive through their cul de sac neighborhood to get to the range…pretty nice place

I’m surprised people haven’t complained sooner, I’ve been there with someone at work and couldn’t believe the neighbors haven’t complained as you drive through their cul de sac neighborhood to get to the range…pretty nice place
Not that all rounds fired on the range should not stay on the range, but it looks like the McNeighborhood was put in well after Londonderry Fish & Game, which allegedly has been there for 70 years.

Do people shoot on the conservation land between the range and the neighborhood?

Ya, first time I went there was like "WTF did we take a wrong turn".

Haven't been to many ranges, but Londonderry is better than Harvard IMO, and Harvard is a great range.

That bullet looks like it hit something solid.

Story was just on the Shiri channel and I came to see if there was a thread on it yet.

Ya, first time I went there was like "WTF did we take a wrong turn".

Haven't been to many ranges, but Londonderry is better than Harvard IMO, and Harvard is a great range.

That bullet looks like it hit something solid.

Story was just on the Shiri channel and I came to see if there was a thread on it yet.
Something solid after scrubbing a ton of energy

Taunton's outdoor range is like that. VERY nice neighborhood.

But I'm pretty sure the range predates the neighborhood.

I still maintain that many if not most of these incidents are deliberately caused/staged by activists.

What kind of bullet is that anyway? Looks too pointy for pistol and too chubby for rifle. 7.62 maybe? I guess the deformation from the alleged impact makes identifying it somewhat difficult.

I know a family that lives on Darrington. They didn't seem bothered one way or the other. Of course, it is funny that TAUNTON R&P has their range. . . . in Raynham. LOL

I haven't been to hte outdoor in. . . . 20 years.

Taunton's outdoor range is like that. VERY nice neighborhood.

But I'm pretty sure the range predates the neighborhood.
Granted, all the ranges at Taunton point away from that nice neighborhood, except for the Shotgun / Archery range.

Of the others, the 300 yard is the one that has the closest neighborhoods in line with the firing direction. As you have to qualify to use the 300, that may keep the escapees down. In addition, the built-up sections of 495 and 24 between the ranges and other neighborhoods may well act as supplemental backstops.

Last edited:
Not that all rounds fired on the range should not stay on the range, but it looks like the McNeighborhood was put in well after Londonderry Fish & Game, which allegedly has been there for 70 years.

Do people shoot on the conservation land between the range and the neighborhood?
Hunting is allowed on the conservation land only with “permission” I believe

"There doesn't appear to be anybody that has direct jurisdiction over the gun range," said Actil. "There's no legislation on the books, no standards."

7.62 looks close, considering it's a little smooshed up...

View attachment 526517
View attachment 526518
It's less "smooshed up" than "photographed at a stupid angle". The picture is massively distorted along the vertical axis. Look at the size of the 10mm marking on the scale measuring the length of the bullet and compare it to the 10mm marking on the bullet diameter edge. The picture makes the bullet look half as long as it really is.

Here's a 30 second pass at making the aspect ratio closer to reality.

1632578426950.png

Last edited:
It's less "smooshed up" than "photographed at a stupid angle". The picture is massively distorted along the vertical axis. Look at the size of the 10mm marking on the scale measuring the length of the bullet and compare it to the 10mm marking on the bullet diameter edge. The picture makes the bullet look half as long as it really is.
.308 is 7.8mm so that pic looks about right for that caliber

Could also be from a AD or ND from a neighbor who was "cleaning his gun" and has quickly closed up the hole in a wall in his house. They never consider that, do they? It's always "The range". One time I had a neighbor next to my NH lake house bounce a .38 slug off a rock and thru a window screen in the house. We had a couple of beers and a long lecture on gun safety which took care of the issue. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom