• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Here it is AGAIN Boys Press Conference @ 11:55

Yeah that has to be voted on through Congress. I am just wondering on when he will bring it to them for a vote. I am curious to see if it goes anywhere at all. I just don't think it will, and he knows it.

Possibly. But the 10rd won't. Only the Northeast faps to 10rd mag restrictions, the rest of the country other than CA, will tell Obummer to FOAD.

Why? So when you end up in the ER for untreated issues through the years, I have to care for you while you complain the whole time there but lack the ability to physically walk out due to your medical condition and deteriorating health? Seen it many times.

Listen, I don't ask the question to patients about guns because it is none of my business. I am pro 2A. The only time I will ask is if someone comes to me in crisis and shows signs of being suicidal. I am not going down this path again because it went no place last debate. But, no MD, NP, or PA is out to do anything but help you. Most cannot stand regulations and just want to help cure illness. We don't have a secret agenda. Serously.

Maybe if doctor's organizations - like let's say the AMA - actually came out in public and stated that they don't wish to have any more government rules shoved down their member's throats that prevent them from REALLY helping their patients - people might actually take you seriously.

The problem is that the doctors are required by law to report a whole host of things to the government - and how that gets reported back to the government will vary on a wide spectrum based on the perception of the doctor - his or her predetermined biases - etc. The doctor is also in danger of losing his career and livelihood if he or she fails to comply with the government regulations - and I think anybody with a brain in their head can figure out whose side the Dr. is going to support if they are presented with a "sketchy" patient.

Furthermore there's plenty of examples in history - both in this country and in others - of Dr's working in concert with the government to take away people's rights. It was spelled out in intimate detail in some of the very first classes I took when I though I was going for a psych degree a few decades back in college.

YOU might not be like that - but that shouldn't mean that rest of us should just give blanket layer of trust to the medical profession.

I have no problem with the universal background checks and the tougher enforcement of existing laws. As long as it doesn't become a universal gun registry its not a big deal. The 10rd limit and reinstatement of the AWB seem like they would be worthless.

That right there is a fail.

Maybe if doctor's organizations - like let's say the AMA - actually came out in public and stated that they don't wish to have any more government rules shoved down their member's throats that prevent them from REALLY helping their patients - people might actually take you seriously.

The problem is that the doctors are required by law to report a whole host of things to the government - and how that gets reported back to the government will vary on a wide spectrum based on the perception of the doctor - his or her predetermined biases - etc. The doctor is also in danger of losing his career and livelihood if he or she fails to comply with the government regulations - and I think anybody with a brain in their head can figure out whose side the Dr. is going to support if they are presented with a "sketchy" patient.

Furthermore there's plenty of examples in history - both in this country and in others - of Dr's working in concert with the government to take away people's rights. It was spelled out in intimate detail in some of the very first classes I took when I though I was going for a psych degree a few decades back in college.

YOU might not be like that - but that shouldn't mean that rest of us should just give blanket layer of trust to the medical profession.

You seem to know a lot about what I must report to the Gov. Please enlighten us, in detail. Also, after you list all the Gov mandates, please tell me how each infringes on your rights. Thanks!

You seem to know a lot about what I must report to the Gov. Please enlighten us, in detail. Also, after you list all the Gov mandates, please tell me how each infringes on your rights. Thanks!

Let's go ahead and start with not being allowed full copies of our own health records.

From there we can jump to mandatory helping of everyone who walks into a hospital, and then charging me for it.

I'm thinking this, they did it before and they can do it again

No way, don't forget that the debt ceiling and budge/spending cut battle is where the Democrats are consolidating all their political capital.

Unless Harry Reid is doing the rope-a-dope with us, I can't see ANY hicap ban getting passed, universal background checks is a non starter too.

The Republicans are coming off of the disastrous tax hike negotiations/vote and realize they are already vulnerable, so while I don't trust any of them, my gut tells me, this AWB bullshit is really DOA.

I have no problem with the universal background checks and the tougher enforcement of existing laws. As long as it doesn't become a universal gun registry its not a big deal. The 10rd limit and reinstatement of the AWB seem like they would be worthless.

What the F are you taking about ?

No way, don't forget that the debt ceiling and budge/spending cut battle is where the Democrats are consolidating all their political capital.

Unless Harry Reid is doing the rope-a-dope with us, I can't see ANY hicap ban getting passed, universal background checks is a non starter too.

The Republicans are coming off of the disastrous tax hike negotiations/vote and realize they are already vulnerable, so while I don't trust any of them, my gut tells me, this AWB bullshit is really DOA.

I really hope so, but all I'm seeing is the opposite

Let's go ahead and start with not being allowed full copies of our own health records.

From there we can jump to mandatory helping of everyone who walks into a hospital, and then charging me for it.

1. You are completely allowed every single piece of info in "your" chart. The hard copies are property of the hospital or clinic, but the info is yours. In fact, all of it is given or transferred if you change practices. You can request, and are granted, copies of everything.

2. Shall we let someone drop dead on the floor of an ER entrance? In your world, who then cleans up the mess? Do we just let them croak and then call housekeeping? You are completely devoid of all things human if you feel that way.

1. You are completely allowed every single piece of info in "your" chart. The hard copies are property of the hospital or clinic, but the info is yours. In fact, all of it is given or transferred if you change practices. You can request, and are granted, copies of everything.

2. Shall we let someone drop dead on the floor of an ER entrance? In your world, who then cleans up the mess? Do we just let them croak and then call housekeeping? You are completely devoid of all things human if you feel that way.

Really? Go get an xray in CT and see if they'll give it to you.

Also I don't care if you want to help the person in the ER, but if you do out of the goodness of your heart, I shouldn't be paying for it. Do charity with your own money. Also I don't agree that government has the authority to force a doctor to help someone. Why don't we make it mandatory that anyone who has a car problem gets it fixed even if they can't afford it? And no I don't care that one is a machine and one is a life, because their life does not trump my freedom.

Really? Go get an xray in CT and see if they'll give it to you.

Also I don't care if you want to help the person in the ER, but if you do out of the goodness of your heart, I shouldn't be paying for it. Do charity with your own money. Also I don't agree that government has the authority to force a doctor to help someone. Why don't we make it mandatory that anyone who has a car problem gets it fixed even if they can't afford it? And no I don't care that one is a machine and one is a life, because their life does not trump my freedom.

You sound silly.

product of my own design, share at will.

ohitler.jpg

I gotta ask, where is the Asian kid. Obviously there is a TON of subliminal messages from this afternoon and I noticed that right away. I guess he cares more about Indians, Blacks, and White kids more.

Back
Top Bottom