Here it comes...White House to Push Gun Control

Just happy I don't drink, just chocolate milk. All I did was correlate the tinfoil White House threat to a real potential in one small meaningless state. Your right I'll be quiet for Bill's sake.

[wink] Massachusetts isn't meaningless, its a political juggernaut. Always has been and its worthy of heated arguments. But the tinfoil stuff can be a bit much.

Bill's a good guy. I've sat with him, had beers and meals with him, and disagreed with him. He may lean more in a liberal direction than most prefer, sometimes even further than I'm willing to lean, but hes on the up and up and worth listening to.

I've no dog in this fight though, I'm out.

[wink] Massachusetts isn't meaningless, its a political juggernaut. Always has been and its worthy of heated arguments. But the tinfoil stuff can be a bit much.

Bill's a good guy. I've sat with him, had beers and meals with him, and disagreed with him. He may lean more in a liberal direction than most prefer, sometimes even further than I'm willing to lean, but hes on the up and up and worth listening to.

I've no dog in this fight though, I'm out.

I agree, I have always given his posts high regard. He seems like a good egg. I wouldn't mind having a wet one with him and discussing the BS of the world, same with most everyone here. I was just making a reference to Connecticut and the new anti gun administration, maybe I shouldn't have posted that in with the national stuff, just making some light banter with no harm intended.

Injured feelings and sore bottoms aside, Bill displays a solid grasp of the legislative process absent from some of the more hysterical posts.

When all is said and done, Free-Staters will remain free. CT residents will loose the small sliver of daylight that currently separates Mass/CT firearms regulation, and Massachusetts will remain delightfully F'ed.

That, my friends, is what will happen.

Injured feelings and sore bottoms aside, Bill displays a solid grasp of the legislative process absent from some of the more hysterical posts.

When all is said and done, Free-Staters will remain free. CT residents will loose the small sliver of daylight that currently separates Mass/CT firearms regulation, and Massachusetts will remain delightfully F'ed.

That, my friends, is what will happen.

And that is it in a nutshell, good analysis. Not even a month has passed and all the control freaks here in CT. are coming out of the woodwork. With the new governor, Malloy, who is seated at the right hand of Bloomberg and the new AG, Jepson, who authored the assault weapon ban, we are screwed. This will be a model that the gun control nuts would like to see nationwide, and us owners are going to be the guinea pigs and the gun control posterchild.
Of course, it will not happen nationwide, CT is this little insignificant rock that most in the real country think are egotistical elitists with nothing better to do than bitch about snow and salt on their BMW's.

Last edited:
Maybe so, but as of now gridlock will do fine.

I am with Jose on that. Its the best we can hope for right now. The main thing to worry about, as I see it, is if barry gets to appoint another commie to the SC. Even with most of the senate in pub hands, its still possable for barry to get one by. Refer to Ginsburg. The pubs knew what a commie she was, but voted her on anyway.

Christ Bill, I'm sorry I said something. Your right it is a state issue, excuse me for pointing out our little piece of shit area of the country and potential problems that loom. I'll strictly leave all knowledgeable thought and input strictly to you for it's obvious I, and most others, know shit about anything. WTF, Dude!!

Considering that this thread is specifically about looming attempts at federal legislation...

Considering that this thread is specifically about looming attempts at federal legislation...

Like no one has ever gone off thread before, My relevancy was that the moonbats are quick to jump when they get the chance. It hasn't been a month and all sorts of new legislation has been presented as soon as the former Republican governor departed and some heavy hitting anti's have replaced the Governor and AG. Sure it may be happening in the northeast, but the brazen attitudes that the libtards have to introduce legislation, regardless if it is D.O.A., and on the backs of unfortunate events, shows that they will stop at nothing to table bills that will eat at our rights. As mentioned previously, its when they sneak in the one sentence into some omnibus spending legislation that bans some little piece of our sport or equipment that we use.

And please, post the entire quotes and context of, not just of mine, so both sides are in full view. If you feel the need to lamblast someone over some menial post and going off thread, something is wrong here. Please visit every other thread to insure they are all on target.
As stated, I apologize for going off thread. I'm trying to put this to an end but some folks gotta keep it going.
Mods, please close this thread.

Just happy I don't drink, just chocolate milk. All I did was correlate the tinfoil White House threat to a real potential in one small meaningless state. Your right I'll be quiet for Bill's sake.

I wasn't lambasting you in particular, I was lambasting the general tinfoil and ignorance of the way the political process actually works that's been demonstrated on this and numerous other threads on this general topic.

I apologize if it came across as blasting you specifically. I should have quoted multiples I guess, but it was more trouble than I wanted to go to. I could have posted 100 different quotes to the effect the sky is falling. Your observations about CT, though perhaps correct, are off-topic, which is why I quoted yours and responded. The rest, you didn't deserve so I apologize for lumping you in with the tin-foilers.

Bill, apology accepted, and I fully understand your frustrations with folks that freak out without looking at the facts and go posting away. Your right about my posting CT in with the Federal/national topic. In my short circuited way of rational, I saw some relevance, albeit very little, but I will be more aware of topics and content, I get lazy when I'm armchair posting, damn internet thing!!
Folks do need to realize that there is very little chance of change on the national level. Congress is so messed up and their priorities are so out of whack, that any gun control changes are next to zero at best. The tin foil alert codes are off the charts lately, but most folks don't take time to do their homework, so this is what we get.
Time to go whip up some good cheeseburgers. I would cook them on the grill, but I can't get to it, damn snow!!

Back
Top Bottom