Here it comes...White House to Push Gun Control

Motion seconded.

WTF ? [thinking] Good thing its in the New Hampshire state conststution,

I took the opportunity to read the NH state constitution. Sure enough..

[Art.] 10. [Right of Revolution.] Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security, of the whole community, and not for the private interest or emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government. The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

June 2, 1784

This isn't going anywhere. It's a sop to the anti gun Dem base and some political theater designed to make the Repubs look bad to ignorant independents who know nothing about the subject and don't particularly care about it.

I agree with you Bill, except I had to fix that part, at least. For as much disdain as I have for like 99% of all dems, even the dems in huge parts of the south and in most of the "flyover states" will not tolerate additional gun control.

-Mike

It's phone call and letter time folks, contact your state reps and congresscritters.
No e-mail. No slacktivism.

Make personal contact,that's what counts.
This isn't gonna affect just your "suitability", it'll affect your rights directly !

Do not underestimate the power of the court of public media !

I agree with you Bill, except I had to fix that part, at least. For as much disdain as I have for like 99% of all dems, even the dems in huge parts of the south and in most of the "flyover states" will not tolerate additional gun control.

-Mike

Our Democrats are more conservative than your Republicans.[laugh]

Our Democrats are more conservative than your Republicans.[laugh]

+1 for Ohio

And to be honest, I voted for Democrat Ted Strickland over Republican John Kasich for OH governor. So far, my decision to do so keeps getting validated by Kasich.

Sure we've got the majority in congress, but we also live in a day and age where one particular piece of legislation can easily fit into a bill that has nothing to do with the legislation. Take the healthcare bill, for example. If it fits into a bill that the republicans have a hard on for and they're deadlocked with the dems on, but the dems are willing to compromise, it might get ugly.

Also, this president and the last one, have taken notes out of lincoln's playbook about how to use executive powers without going through congress. Thats something that worries me.

I'm not sure that a bill needs to clear congress for them to accomplish what they want. They could make this look like they're just modifying laws or strenthening laws that are already on the book and take a back door approach. Thats how this will go down if they're serious.

IF this is just a political front to strengthen support in their own party, they'll send it off to congress and let it die there. So, we'll see.

Sure we've got the majority in congress, but we also live in a day and age where one particular piece of legislation can easily fit into a bill that has nothing to do with the legislation. Take the healthcare bill, for example. If it fits into a bill that the republicans have a hard on for and they're deadlocked with the dems on, but the dems are willing to compromise, it might get ugly.

Also, this president and the last one, have taken notes out of lincoln's playbook about how to use executive powers without going through congress. Thats something that worries me.
Lincoln's playbook? As in when during a rebellion he suspended Habeus Corpus? THAT playbook? Or are you talking about when he declared slaves in states in rebellion against the government to be free? What playbook move are you referring to specifically?

I'm not sure that a bill needs to clear congress for them to accomplish what they want. They could make this look like they're just modifying laws or strenthening laws that are already on the book and take a back door approach. Thats how this will go down if they're serious.

Are you thinking that Obama could by executive order outlaw hi-cap mags? And that this wouldn't be stricken down by a Federal Court in about 5 seconds? Or that congress wouldn't over-ride the move before the ink ever dried on said executive order?

Seriously, WTF are you people smoking? It ain't gonna happen. This is paranoid conspiracy theory stuff, not reality.

The thing is there are political prizes for pols going one way or another on healthcare.

There is no prize in most states for gun control- it's a "play stupid games lose lots of votes" type of proposition.

Food for thought- let's say hell froze over when obama was elected, and he stated he would be pro gun and fully support the 2nd amendment, and he did things to back
that up like appointing a non-anti to run BATFE.

Without congress drafting a law and getting it past the house and senate, and the president signing it, they cannot modify US code. I doubt an anti gun bill would make it out of the senate, and probably wouldn't even reach the floor in the house.

There is a bunch of things they could do in terms of regulatory abuse in terms of executive orders, but things like a mag ban would be off the table, as a court would kill that easily. Enough regulatory abuse happens, and even the crappy NRA will get off its ass and make enough noise to the right people to have another congressional inquiry / special committee created.

-Mike

Last edited:
The only thing his 'restriction talk' will do is cause another panic rush to buy and we will see a lot of items price skyrocket in the panic buying.

Well, there is a silver lining to that cloud. As much as I would hate the ammo prices going full retard again, Every time America runs out and buys more guns, more ammo, and more magazines, it sends a very powerful message. A message so powerful, that even Oblabla noted it the last time it happened, and he didn't make any real announcements at that point about gun control- that was just the response to his election. He even spoke on the "issue" as it was happening. It would be better, in some way, to now say "Well, we heard what you said before, and now you're telling us you're talking out both sides of your mouth, so we REALLY don't believe you, and we are all arming up some more because the non-moonbat American public knows you are a LIAR. "

FWIW I don't think the economy can probably pull that off again, but even a "noticeable uptick" in gun transfers flying over the wires at NICS is a good thing in our favor.

-Mike

Last edited:
FWIW I don't think the economy can probably pull that off again, but even a "noticeable uptick" in gun transfers flying over the wires at NICS is a good thing in our favor.

-Mike

I'm doing my part in that regard. [laugh]

Lincoln's playbook? As in when during a rebellion he suspended Habeus Corpus? THAT playbook? Or are you talking about when he declared slaves in states in rebellion against the government to be free? What playbook move are you referring to specifically?

Are you thinking that Obama could by executive order outlaw hi-cap mags? And that this wouldn't be stricken down by a Federal Court in about 5 seconds? Or that congress wouldn't over-ride the move before the ink ever dried on said executive order?

Seriously, WTF are you people smoking? It ain't gonna happen. This is paranoid conspiracy theory stuff, not reality.

+1

Bill, I too am seriously baffled by the lack of understanding of both the lawmaking and rulemaking processes and the political mood of the country by many here.

You guys need to get a grip on reality.

+1

Bill, I too am seriously baffled by the lack of understanding of both the lawmaking and rulemaking processes and the political mood of the country by many here.

You guys need to get a grip on reality.

If there is one thing that I've observed and learned about politics, its that the government is not bound by the constrictions placed upon their powers through the BOR. Time and time again, bill after bill, it is violated and stepped all over like it was never there in the first place.

The only time government is bound to the rights of the people, is when there is a people that holds its government to those restrictions. And, today these American people do not.

Paranoid? Maybe, but justly so. Grip on reality? The reality is that even though we have a republican house, there are other ways and tactics that this administration can use, legally, to get their job done. One example would be earlier in the week when everyone was expecting imports of certain shotguns to be banned. And, then the word was just that its the trench gun. Well, we would have taken whatever the ATF banned on our chins, bitched about it, and then went on our merry way. Whats to say that they stop there with just the import of one particular shotgun? Did we need congress to pass a bill to the potus for the ATF to ban certain arms?

Sure, thats a tiny example, but what does it mean about what they can and can't do through existing rules defined by agencies like the ATF, through executive orders, through "strengthening existing laws" etc.? You don't need a ban to make gun ownership unaffordable to the general public. I'm concerned about what happened to the tobacco industry, and whether or not that is a good example of a similar strategy to use against gun ownership. What about when your commie government insurance that your forced to buy charges you an absurd premium because you want to have a gun in the house and guns kill people every day?

I don't know. Maybe it sounds nuts. I know someone with more knowledge on this could make a better argument then me along the same lines that I'm trying to argue. But, its not crazy to think that we're in jeopardy here. And, whats wrong with being a little paranoid or defensive of constitutional rights, anyhow? Is it all that bad to be a little on edge and proactive?

If there is one thing that I've observed and learned about politics, its that the government is not bound by the constrictions placed upon their powers through the BOR. Time and time again, bill after bill, it is violated and stepped all over like it was never there in the first place.

True. Again, the AWB was passed before, it only ended because it had an expiration date. It would still be there if it hadn't. It may have hurt the libs for a few years but they gained permanent ban in MA so it was an overall victory for them. Who says they're not stupid enough to do it again, they didn't get the message after last election.

The libtards are no longer in control
Yes, we've gone from brain-dead to brain-damaged with the Republitards now sharing power with the librotards...

The ratio of sane people to lunatics, while slightly improved with the last election remains unfavorable for sound governance...

True. Again, the AWB was passed before, it only ended because it had an expiration date. It would still be there if it hadn't. It may have hurt the libs for a few years but they gained permanent ban in MA so it was an overall victory for them. Who says they're not stupid enough to do it again, they didn't get the message after last election.

I don't see it as an overall victory for them when they got wiped the next election cycle and their canidates in non-moonbat parts of the country tend to be Pro-2A or neutral. A lot of the congress critters who are not from NY, CA, MA and such know if they vote for a gun control bill they might as well start packing since they are not going to be re-elected.

I don't see it as an overall victory for them when they got wiped the next election cycle and their canidates in non-moonbat parts of the country tend to be Pro-2A or neutral. A lot of the congress critters who are not from NY, CA, MA and such know if they vote for a gun control bill they might as well start packing since they are not going to be re-elected.

True, But those that live behind enemy lines are not having and extended mag type of day with little hope of "change" in the future. As a matter of fact, here in CT. we are going to need every play in the book to fend off the potential restrictions that are coming down the pike.

True, But those that live behind enemy lines are not having and extended mag type of day with little hope of "change" in the future. As a matter of fact, here in CT. we are going to need every play in the book to fend off the potential restrictions that are coming down the pike.

That's a state issue. WTF does it have to do with the WH?

Again, the ignorance of the ACTUAL way things happen in regard to policy setting and politics on this board astounds me. On the one hand people call Obama an idiot, and in the very next breath he's a political genius that would make Machiavelli look like a piker. You can't have it both ways.

He is what he is, but one thing he is NOT is stupid. Executive orders? RUFKM? That's beyond ridiculous on this issue. The ATF has very limited authority in fact. They can tinker around here and there, but congress can overrule anything they do. A mag ban would result in that and frankly I don't even think that's within even a generous interpretation of their authority under existing law.

You'll recall that the ATF has been screaming for registrations/reporting of multiple gun buys for quite some time. Nothing has happened because congress hasn't acted. -So much for teh evil ATF cabal of Illuminati conspiracy.

The NE sucks because it's full of moonbat idiots. And a lot of what I see on this board represents the same kind of ignorant, insular, miopic view of things. Hint: the USA is not made up of CA, and New England. There's about 42 states where gun control is political poison, regardless of the party involved. And even moonbat states like CA have plenty of conservative congressmen who's districts will vote them out over this issue.

Every time people give an answer to the hysteria we get another "ya but..." BS answer. It's the hallmark of conspiracy theory. You CAN'T disprove it, because every time you blow up the argument, the theorists come up with another load of Sh*T that they demand you refute.

I'm done here. Obama will take all your guns next week. You'd better sell your house and buy guns now.

That's a state issue. WTF does it have to do with the WH?

Again, the ignorance of the ACTUAL way things happen in regard to policy setting and politics on this board astounds me. On the one hand people call Obama an idiot, and in the very next breath he's a political genius that would make Machiavelli look like a piker. You can't have it both ways.

He is what he is, but one thing he is NOT is stupid. Executive orders? RUFKM? That's beyond ridiculous on this issue. The ATF has very limited authority in fact. They can tinker around here and there, but congress can overrule anything they do. A mag ban would result in that and frankly I don't even think that's within even a generous interpretation of their authority under existing law.

You'll recall that the ATF has been screaming for registrations/reporting of multiple gun buys for quite some time. Nothing has happened because congress hasn't acted. -So much for teh evil ATF cabal of Illuminati conspiracy.

The NE sucks because it's full of moonbat idiots. And a lot of what I see on this board represents the same kind of ignorant, insular, miopic view of things. Hint: the USA is not made up of CA, and New England. There's about 42 states where gun control is political poison, regardless of the party involved. And even moonbat states like CA have plenty of conservative congressmen who's districts will vote them out over this issue.

Every time people give an answer to the hysteria we get another "ya but..." BS answer. It's the hallmark of conspiracy theory. You CAN'T disprove it, because every time you blow up the argument, the theorists come up with another load of Sh*T that they demand you refute.

I'm done here. Obama will take all your guns next week. You'd better sell your house and buy guns now.

Christ Bill, I'm sorry I said something. Your right it is a state issue, excuse me for pointing out our little piece of shit area of the country and potential problems that loom. I'll strictly leave all knowledgeable thought and input strictly to you for it's obvious I, and most others, know shit about anything. WTF, Dude!!

Back
Top Bottom