Here’s proof that AR-15s are weapons of war

LOL. The Winchester, Black Talon ammo of yesterday, was basically, the Winchester, Ranger ammunition, of today, with a black finnish. Winchester eliminated the black finnish and dems were very happy, DAH!
They named it SXT, which stood for Same eXact Thing.

AR15s ARE(!!!) weapons of war.

So what?

Yeah, yeah, they aren't select fire. But us military doctrine emphasizes nearly exclusive use of semi-auto fire by regular infantry anyway. So yes, your AR15 is pretty much what the average GI carries. Except in many ways better. Its better maintained, it can have better optics. It isn't constrained by military logistics so can be chambered in "better" calibers. and on and on and on.

So what?

The 2A was about the citizenry being adequately armed to rise up against a tyrannical government and its standing army and defeat it. It sounds like the 2A applies most directly to weapons of war.

AR15s ARE(!!!) weapons of war.

So what?

Yeah, yeah, they aren't select fire. But us military doctrine emphasizes nearly exclusive use of semi-auto fire by regular infantry anyway. So yes, your AR15 is pretty much what the average GI carries. Except in many ways better. Its better maintained, it can have better optics. It isn't constrained by military logistics so can be chambered in "better" calibers. and on and on and on.

So what?

The 2A was about the citizenry being adequately armed to rise up against a tyrannical government and its standing army and defeat it. It sounds like the 2A applies most directly to weapons of war.
I understand your point about the 2A intent, but this is a specious argument. How a weapon is doctrinally employed doesn't suddenly change the characteristics of the weapon. If it did, we could all own machine guns without the need for the NFA by just saying "Y'all only shoot this semi, now."

It doesn't change the fact that the AR15 is point for point, part for part identical to a M16 other than the changes necessary to support select fire. (fire control group, lower receiver with 3rd hole and standard spec shelf)

My ex-mil friends all to a man have told me that they would give their right nut to have been able to carry the rifles they now own when they were deployed.

It doesn't change the fact that the AR15 is point for point, part for part identical to a M16 other than the changes necessary to support select fire. (fire control group, lower receiver with 3rd hole and standard spec shelf)

My ex-mil friends all to a man have told me that they would give their right nut to have been able to carry the rifles they now own when they were deployed.
If there's no difference, do I get to drill that third hole and convert mine? If there's no difference, then why is it there? How about if I drill that third hole, but doctinally promise to use only semi?

They're different guns, with different capabilities, and that third hole isn't there by accident.

Wait until they find out the point of the second amendment is to fight the government
I love explaining to my friends who say “why do you need it?” that the amendment isn’t there for hunting or even self defense. It’s there to protect militarily significant weapons for use against a tyrannical government. Usually ends the conversation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom