Her name was Ashli Babbitt

Gotcha. Not that I’m doubting you (im genuinely curious and wanna know more) but do you have a link to share? I haven’t been able to find anything on it which leads me to believe the shooter was SS and part of Pence’s detail (which I’ve also heard).

When you storm a federal building with tons of high level government officials, assault LEOs, ransack the place and try to disrupt the certification of an election, don't expect good things to happen to you.

That's true. You also don't expect a man to shoot a woman in the face at point blank range through a window of a barricaded door.

When you storm a federal building with tons of high level government officials, assault LEOs, ransack the place and try to disrupt the certification of an election, don't expect good things to happen to you.
It was probably a politician with a pewpew that shot her. There were 2 fully kitted out LEOs behind her no reason for snipeymcfatpewpew to kill her.

Nobody retires after 20 years at E5 or even E6.

She may have lost rank and then she max'd out and she was unable to be promoted. Due to testing, evaluations or who knows.
My quotes will stop at what makes 20 yr retirement optional. I only knew one TSgt to retire at 20.

Air Force Active and Reserves High Year of Tenure
These guidelines apply to active personnel and members of the Reserves.
E-4 - 8 years
E-5 - 15 years
E-6 - 22 years

Army Retention Control Point​

Like the Air Force, these apply to active duty and Reserves members.
E-1 to E-3 - 5 years
E-4 - 8 years
E-4 (Promotable) - 10years
E-5 - 14 years
E-5 (Promotable) - 15 years
E-6 - 20 years
E-6 (Promotable) - 20 years

Navy High Year of Tenure​

These guidelines apply to active-duty members:
E-1, E-2 - 4 years
E-3 5 years
E-4 - 8 years
*E-5 - 14 years (20 years for Reserves)
E-6 - 20 years

Marine Corps Active Duty High Year of Tenure​

• E-4 - 8 years
    E-5 - 10 years
    E-6 - 20 years

What happens when you go in after the cops open the gate and hold the doors for you? The place was hardly ransacked - the last video I saw had the “rioting mob” picking up trash after somebody knocked a trash barrel over.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM

This election was a joke and what happened in DC was extremely mild given the circumstances.

Last edited:
She died doing something she believed in, which makes her death most honorable in my book. She ready to die for what she thought was serving her country, not unlike her service in the forces. And if ever the SHTF, may God make sure that someone like her is watching my six, and not someone like you.
I doubt very much you would want him anywhere near your six.

If Comm2A wants to lose NES's support (which I'd assume is a decent portion of their support base) then all he needs to do is keep posting his opinions on the same account linked to his Comm2A stuff.

The fact that he's posting things that are obviously incredibly unpopular to one of his orgs main support base says a lot. People should have separate accounts for this sort of thing for very obvious reasons.
Trying to posting only 'popular' comments is antithetical to the idea of discourse and is echo chamber fodder. NES has always been a very conservative leaning forum, but has always had a reasonable about of give and take. That's gone. You either toe the line or you're a commie, cuck, moron, or worse. I'm not going to do that. This is the very definition of identity politics. If you're pro Second Amendment, you're also required to sign on to an approved list of other pro and con issues.

Two things really mark poor quality posts and responses. Start with transference. e.g. If someone dislikes or criticizes Trump in any way, they're automatically guilty of other transgressions. They're a liberal, they voted for Hilary, they molest children, etc. Next, is the failure to differentiate between opinion or prediction and preference. e.g. I think Trump is at substantial risk of multiple criminal indictments after he leaves office. That's a fact. It's not necessarily my preference. Politically motivated prosecutions, even if legitimate, are a slippery slope. But I think he's burned enough bridges that it's very likely. It's not necessarily something I'm excited about. But nobody gets that.

Last edited:
Trying to posting only 'popular' comments is antithetical to the idea of discourse and is echo chamber fodder. NES has always been a very conservative leaning forum, but has always had a reasonable about of give and take. That's gone. You either toe the line or you're a commie, cuck, moron, or worse. I'm not going to do that. This is the very definition of identity politics. If you're pro Second Amendment, you're also required to sign on to an approved list of other pro and con issues.

Two things really mark poor quality posts and responses. Start with transference. e.g. If someone dislikes or criticizes Trump in any way, they're automatically guilty of other transgressions. They're a liberal, they voted for Hilary, the molest children, etc. Next, is the failure to differentiate between opinion or prediction and preference. e.g. I thing Trump is at substantial risk of multiple criminal indictments after he leaves office. That's a fact. It's not necessarily my preference. Politically motivated prosecutions, even if legitimate, are a slippery slope. But I think he's burned enough bridges that it's very likely. It's not necessarily something I'm excited about. But nobody gets that.

NES is certainly partisan, one sided and a lot of people like a good ol' dog pile. I agree. I don't toe the line here always myself. I never voted for Trump in either election, I voted (L). Not really NES hive mind material.

What happened in the Capital probably isnt a partisan event, at the end of the day. If it was a BLM protest and a BLM protester going through that frame I know a lot of people would do a 180. Same goes the other way around also.

I just simply don't like seeing people shot unless they really, really need to get shot. And there wasnt much in that video going on that demanded she be shot, at least in my opinion.

You know the context here. While it's complicated, youre work in Comm2A is a little intertwined in the big players. Those protestors were there due to the election. The same election that (I know im repeating myself a lot) SCOTUS said TX has no business in PA's case, and used some real poor wording to dance around that one. Thats the same court you guys deal with. And that's the same court that seemingly perpetually refuses to hear meaningful cases, and when they do they write them like Heller. And then we have to have McDonald.

Trumps a hot mess, no doubt. The problem I have is the dismissive gas lighting and other routines that are thrown at us. 2020 especially. From a significant amount of wrong COVID doom and gloom information to politics. It was the year of calling each other liars/racists/evil and gaslighting the shit out of each other.

I've said this before very recently here also: our peers here like to throw in conspiracy stuff into threads and conversations, and that really serves to hurt all parties involved in that conversation. I really wish people would stop or limit the amount of bullshit they post, but they don't. And as a result they do post these claims and they do muddy and discredit our conversations.

I don't think youre a bad guy. I've already said you do good work and hard work. I do think, well, i know youre wrong about the women being shot through the window thing there. And that has a lot to do with both guns, rights, the police debate, the election debate and even scotus being useless. a lot of it's super relevant towards the 2A and freedom. It does make me a little worried that you have what I'd consider to be (not an insult, lack of better term) a simpleton view of that event. i,e, "women breaks rule = pays price," essentially the "play stupid games win stupid prizes" cliche. Lazy, dumb, boring. All of us, well, at least most of us are better than that.

6 days ago it would have been a conspiracy to say that all of big tech is colluding to ban anything and everything and everyone who doesn’t explicitly support them and their agenda. Today that’s reality.

I was convinced before there was fraud in the election. Now I’m certain it was far more significant than even what most people who were sure it was stolen believed. I also thought that Powell and a Wood had gone off the deep end. Now I’m doubting that.

Two things really mark poor quality posts and responses. Start with transference. e.g. If someone dislikes or criticizes Trump in any way, they're automatically guilty of other transgressions. They're a liberal, they voted for Hilary, the molest children, etc. Next, is the failure to differentiate between opinion or prediction and preference. e.g. I thing Trump is at substantial risk of multiple criminal indictments after he leaves office. That's a fact. It's not necessarily my preference. Politically motivated prosecutions, even if legitimate, are a slippery slope. But I think he's burned enough bridges that it's very likely. It's not necessarily something I'm excited about. But nobody gets that.
I have a lot of respect for you and the work you do, and if there was a middle ground in all this I might be inclined to agree with you on a lot of this.
There isn't though.
It was either a choice between someone who's 2A support was lukewarm but not anti or someone who no questions asked wants it all gone.
I've seen what happens when power hungry tyrants rule over a helpless population.
What's coming in the next few months and years is going to be the likes of which we've never seen .

All I ever wanted was to live out the second half of my life in peace.
They aren't going to let that happen.
You bet i'm pissed.

Ashli Babbitt, THANK YOU for your Service and Dedication to the American Way of Life. You Swore an Oath, to Defend Our Constitution, from Enemies, both Foreign and Domestic. You saw your Duty, and attempted to Defend it. May the Criminals responsible for your Passing, be tried and convicted to the Fullest Extent of the Law under the Constitution which you attempted to Defend.
Blue skies and Fair Tailwinds. May you Rest in Peace

6 days ago it would have been a conspiracy to say that all of big tech is colluding to ban anything and everything and everyone who doesn’t explicitly support them and their agenda. Today that’s reality.

I was convinced before there was fraud in the election. Now I’m certain it was far more significant than even what most people who were sure it was stolen believed. I also thought that Powell and a Wood had gone off the deep end. Now I’m doubting that.
the fact that Apple and Google are banning Parlor should be a huge problem for all.

big tech and the media own this country. we live in a plutocracy.

guess what gentlemen? our corporate overlords are winning. and they are using our own idealogy to silence us.

Lol apparently you don't get it either. Democrats don't trust their citizens with the right to arms, money or speech. If that's how they think then I don't want their ideas spread around anymore and I don't want them armed. When I have my rep in congress telling me that the protesters yesterday were domestic terrorists but the BLM protesters are just "fighting for change" that's concerning. All of the media saying is that too. Tech companies are only censoring conservative speech and still call themselves platforms. If they want to continue doing this then it's time for conservatives to start acting the same way. When it comes to progressives I want to stifle their speech, suppress their votes and keep them unarmed. I work with a very ardent Trump supporter who so stuck in the past. It's sad to listen to him. He still wants to use the old "truth, justice and the American way" play book. Those days are gone. The recent events prove that. Call it communist, fascist whatever makes you feel better.
I hate to bring up the old “yelling fire ins. Crowded theater” meme, but if that isn’t free speech, then neither is most of the crap the left spews. They openly call for violence and suppress our votes. Time for them to feel some of what they promote

And AWS de-platforming them.

I would STRONGLY suggest looking at an overseas provider... Perhaps in Switzerland... The laws and lawmakers here are you your friends, but laws in Europe require a much more free and open internet... They can't shut you down because someone has hurt feelings... They actually hold big tech accountable over there. Google wants to suppress you in their search results, in Europe, they pay a price for that... Here they give liberals campaign money and in turn for them looking the other way.

Get out of the reach of the US big tech companies and get outside of our borders to a place where the laws are more favorable...

It's a sad day when Europe and Canada have access to a much more free and open internet than the country that invented it.

Laying blame for her death at Trump’s feet is outrageous.

Back
Top Bottom