• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Her name was Ashli Babbitt

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Of course it was a homicide. She was shot to death by someone else, making it homicide.

That's the manner of death, not a legal status. If you kill someone in fully justified self defense, it's a homicide.
Homicide literally means, per it's definition an "unlawful killing" or "murder."

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Of course it was a homicide. She was shot to death by someone else, making it homicide.

That's the manner of death, not a legal status. If you kill someone in fully justified self defense, it's a homicide.

Homicide literally means, per it's definition an "unlawful killing" or "murder."
When used as a Medical Designation it is death by another human. Either that or Quincy, ME owes me some viewing time back. [coffee] Matt

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
When used as a Medical Designation it is death by another human. Either that or Quincy, ME owes me some viewing time back. [coffee] Matt

Looks like you're correct. We're dealing with some real geniuses over at the medical examiners office.

According to the National Association of Medical Examiners (NAME), “[h]omicide occurs when death results from a volitional act committed by another person to cause fear, harm, or death.” In a publication entitled A Guide for Manner of Death Classification, NAME specifically notes “t is to be emphasized that the classification of Homicide for the purposes of death certification is a ‘neutral’ term and neither indicates nor implies criminal intent, which remains a determination within the province of legal processes.”

I suspect I found people who've been giving the CDC guidance on COVID-19 policy. This is pure gold levels of retarded academic bullshit. Holy shit. [rofl]

Top Bottom