Henry rifles

I took my Henry Small Game .22 Rifle out for the second time this weekend. Nothing's changed. Its still a blast. It functions flawlessly and the large loop lever along with the peep rear sight combine to fix the two things I don't normally like about lever action rifles.

I've also realized that its a great step up for my 9 year old daughter. She loves her wood stocked single shot Savage Rascal but I want her to try a repeater without going to a semi-auto like a 10/22. My experience is that kids completely forget all the fundamentals once you put something like a 10/22 in their hands, and just blast away.

So the henry will be a happy medium.

[thumbsup]

I took my Henry Small Game .22 Rifle out for the second time this weekend. Nothing's changed. Its still a blast. It functions flawlessly and the large loop lever along with the peep rear sight combine to fix the two things I don't normally like about lever action rifles.

I've also realized that its a great step up for my 9 year old daughter. She loves her wood stocked single shot Savage Rascal but I want her to try a repeater without going to a semi-auto like a 10/22. My experience is that kids completely forget all the fundamentals once you put something like a 10/22 in their hands, and just blast away.

So the henry will be a happy medium.

I keep looking at their new rifle in 327 federal and the lever action 410's no need for either other then I think they are cool.
The new "Long Ranger" rifle looks like a knock off of Brownings BLR

If anyone is a Harvard Sportsmen's Club member we are doing a Henry Big Boy in 44mag commemorative. Engraved on both sides of the receiver and a colorized engraving on the stock. Its mentioned in the HSC email and I am expecting that when we stop ordering (soonish) we will have a run of less than 30 total. Custom Serial Numbers all starting with HSC, also. Not a cheap gun but very unique and will end up being a very limited run.

PM me if needed (VP at Harvard)

Got to take my new Henry out to shoot, nice gun very fun to shoot.

rep point incoming, you started this thread under adverse conditions, ended up with what you wanted, and turned it into a henry love-fest with almost 100 posts (i know it's my favorite rifle)

my thread starts usually end less than 10 posts[rofl]

I've taken my Henry to the range a couple of times now and I am pretty happy with it. I thought I wanted to put a scope on it, but the iron sights are pretty good on it.

I've taken my Henry to the range a couple of times now and I am pretty happy with it. I thought I wanted to put a scope on it, but the iron sights are pretty good on it.

Scoping a Henry is fun and worthwhile. I switch back and forth between the skinner peep sight and the scope.

Took the .22 classic to the range over the weekend and I am in love. This thing shoots like a dream and is accurate as heck with the irons but I still think that I want to scope it. My eyes are not getting better with age.. :(

I keep looking at their new rifle in 327 federal and the lever action 410's no need for either other then I think they are cool.
The new "Long Ranger" rifle looks like a knock off of Brownings BLR

Be wary of the BLR. Browning doesn't support them anymore. I had a friend who had a problem with one and he had a hell of a time finding a gunsmith who knew anything about them. It needed a replacement part of some sort and he had to have it made. Browning was no help whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom