Henry rifles

So basically they told you they wouldn't look at your guns or sell you anything that isn't expensive?
I'd tell them to F**k Off! And never go back, but thats me.

Oh, I have 2 Henry's and I'm looking for a Henry .44 Magnum next.

This 100%! F them!

So basically they told you they wouldn't look at your guns or sell you anything that isn't expensive?
I'd tell them to F**k Off! And never go back, but thats me.

Oh, I have 2 Henry's and I'm looking for a Henry .44 Magnum next.

that clerk was being a dick. I have a 22lr henry and it is one of my favorite plinkers and I also use it for squirrel and rabbit. Come to think of it.......I'm going out on the powerlines for cottontails tomorrow with my son and will bring it along! Amazing little rifle for small game. My friend has the 45 colt henry......it is gorgeous!

First of all, the gun I most regret getting rid of was a Marlin 1894 in .357 with a Lyman adjustable peep sight. It was a fun gun, no problem with .38s or .357s feeding. Second, on the topic of your guns. Sell them or keep them, but don't trade them in as no shop will give you nearly what you can sell them for yourself.

We also bought my stepson a Henry blued steel model in .357 and it's a nice gun. Smooth action, very nice. I personally prefer the side loading gate on the Marlin to the magazine only loading of the Henrys.

Sean

Last edited:
They didn't even look at or seem even the least bit interested in what was in the bag for trade, they were showing an Uberti.

The uberti are nice.... are they better than a Henry or marlin...I don't think so.
There is a level of final fitment I have seen on uberti rifles I don't see on the Marlins or henry

I also have a Henry with the Octagon barrel, it quickly became one of my favorite. The action smooth as silk and the quality outstanding.
Also American parts and made

To start with try selling your gun's on this forum, you will get more money for them.It's all in what your looking for,if it's period correct then Uberti is what you want they make nice copies.Henry is no junk they also make a very nice rifle.From what you say it's time to find a new FFL.

I went to trade some guns in last night for a lever action. I asked for a Henry or marlin and was basically laughed at told to buy something double the price and then left to stand there until I left. Does anyone have either of these and do they have any problems with them feeding ammo and jamming.

I,have to take a crack at what FFL you went to.
Hunters ? They have talked me out of spending money many times.

The Henry Octagon Bbl Lever gun is amazingly accurate! I stuck a Williams peep on the dovetail & can shoot that better than my M1 just got a Grove tech sling swivel that goes on the mag tube.
Get on of the Spee-D-Loaders - they work awesomely for quick reloads: "You can load on Sunday & shoot all week"

https://henrypride.com/products/spee-d-loader?variant=18464035398

https://williamsgunsight.com/product/williams-5d-gr/ kinda funny looking, but you can use the original front sight
the other ones WGRS's look better, but need a higher front sight

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/71...rew-swivel-stud-1-locking-swivels-steel-black

Last edited:
I went to trade some guns in last night for a lever action. I asked for a Henry or marlin and was basically laughed at told to buy something double the price and then left to stand there until I left. Does anyone have either of these and do they have any problems with them feeding ammo and jamming.

op is in wareham, i would suggest getting a quote from village sports in westport. they are a henry dealer.

i can't attest to their pricing as i bought mine from MFS. 20% off retail at MFS, if op can get 15% off at village without the drive i would call it a day and order from them

Last edited:
I have a Henry .45-70 (Ho10) that I bought a little over a year ago and, in contrast to an earlier comment, I think the wood, fit and finish are fantastic. The thing can send a round the size of a brick downrange in group you wish about. I put an 1-moa RMR on it, which works very sublimely, and am way glad I didn't put a scope on it because a millisecond of misattention would win you a scull fracture rather than a scope-bite.

I just ordered a henry small game .22.

I love the henrys, but have always hated traditional bullhorn sights. The small game guns have aperture sights. I can't wait.

Same here, and same with the heavy and octagon barrels (they're cool, just not light carrying).

It would be nice to get them with fiber sights, or fiber/peep; slim lightweight barrel, hardwood stock, and all the rimfire calibers, as well as .22 Hornet, .17 Hornet, .17 Fireball, etc.

Think of the older Ruger lever guns, only with that nice slick Henry action!

I got my Henry today, woo hoo! I can't wait to take it to the range tomorrow!!

which model/caliber???

and get a good pair if gloves, i'm using mechanic gloves now, but the henry screams for good rawhide.

if you're gonna go cowboy/girl gotta have the proper accessories

Last edited:
I have the Henry, Big Boy in 44 mag, brass with the octagon barrel and I put the big loop on it for hunting with winter gloves on. Shot a nice 8 pointer with it!

Hundreds of round down the pipe.

I have had zero issues with the gun itself. I only had one shell rip in two (factory load) and sent it back to Henry to have the shell part stuck in the chamber removed. They did that and sent it back with a new firing pin installed.

Great gun, great company.

WTH...Other than Winchester, who else but Marlin and Henry make lever action guns these days/

I've got an older Marlin and a brand new Henry. Both in .357, and they're both great great guns. The Henry is almost too good looking to shoot. The fit and finish are flawless and the wood is beautiful. I don't really need two lever guns in .357 so I'm going to sell or trade the Henry. It was really a toss up as to which one to keep. But since they don't make Marlins like they used to I'll keep it and sell the Henry.
Buddy of mine just bought a Henry in .44 magnum and that thing is gorgeous too. Henry's customer service excellent as well.

WTH...Other than Winchester, who else but Marlin and Henry make lever action guns these days/

Uberti Rossi and Mossberg for sure make levers.....And those are the "budget" ones. Browning makes beautiful lever actions and they are $$$

Last edited:

That's a pretty cool commercial.
I wonder where that Chevy pick up was made? Canada maybe?
I tried for the longest time to buy "American"
There just is not enough made here anymore.
Sadly also many of the USA products made here are either to expensive or just as much junk as foreign stuff.... really sucks. So I try to at least spend my money with USA owned companies which is also getting harder to do. Especially in the firearms market.

That's a pretty cool commercial.
I wonder where that Chevy pick up was made? Canada maybe?
I tried for the longest time to buy "American"
There just is not enough made here anymore.
Sadly also many of the USA products made here are either to expensive or just as much junk as foreign stuff.... really sucks. So I try to at least spend my money with USA owned companies which is also getting harder to do. Especially in the firearms market.

Global economy! It's here to stay. I've been driving Subaru automobiles for decades. I know I know......Flames inbound send it! But their cars last and last. Anyway......My uncle gave me some shit a few years ago when we happened to both buy new vehicles in the SE month. I came over for a family gathering and he started.......I buy Chevy because I can't in good conscience buy something made anywhere but the good ol' USA. I made him open the driver door and look at the data plate......Yup.......Honcho w Mexico! Guess what UNC.......Subarus are assembled in Elkhart Indiana from parts shipped from Japan.

But yeah.....Go ahead and be proud of that bow tie pick up. [rofl]

Anyway back to the topic,.....I like what the CEO is doing with Henry rifles. I'm looking g forward to getting my paws on a single shot 12 gauge soon.

which model/caliber???

and get a good pair if gloves, i'm using mechanic gloves now, but the henry screams for good rawhide.

if you're gonna go cowboy/girl gotta have the proper accessories

I actually do have shooting gloves so I'm good there ;) You know yesterday taught me a lesson about what I thought I wanted and what I really wanted lol. I ended up buying a Henry Frontier in .22lr. I thought I wanted the golden boy, but once I was able to compare all of the models side by side, I really like this one the best. It felt good in my hands, it has a nice long barrel, has the octagon barrel and it's still a thing of beauty. Now I want to put a scope on it :)

Same thing for pistols. I thought I wanted a Victory 22 or maybe a Mark 4, but after holding them in my hands and comparing them side by side I decided I didn't want either. Instead I bought a Ruger SR22. To me that was the perfect plinking gun.

Shooters Outpost is not far from you, OP, just up rt. 58 and usually stocks a number of lever guns. Hunters in Weymouth always has a rack full.
As with every retail experience, especially with LGSs and more especially on the South Shore, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom