• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Henry releases a pcc in 9mm.

What the f*** is with all the pcc rifles over the last years being made in just about everything except 45acp! Ffs I'd already have a new pcc from ruger if they came in 45acp. Now henry......only in 9mm. 🤬
You can buy an actual WWII m1 carbine (maybe not a real pretty one) for around that price if you look. sheesh

What the f*** is with all the pcc rifles over the last years being made in just about everything except 45acp! Ffs I'd already have a new pcc from ruger if they came in 45acp. Now henry......only in 9mm. 🤬

PCCs in .45 ACP don't sell that well unless it says "Thompson" on the side of it.

You can buy an actual WWII m1 carbine (maybe not a real pretty one) for around that price if you look. sheesh
You do know that an m1 carbine isn't chambered in 45acp right? 🙄

Fyi.....I already have am m1 carbine.

The AR7 design has been passed around. Armorlite, Charter Arms and Henry.
I remember discussing this with aircrew and seeing my first one. Pretty neat little rifles for survival.
800px-Gf-ar7.jpg
Cool and all but can I kill Goldfinger and avenge my sister's death.

You do know that an m1 carbine isn't chambered in 45acp right? 🙄

Fyi.....I already have am m1 carbine.
yes, I just figure if you're shooting a small lightweight carbine, why use a pistol cartridge when you can use an intermediate pistol-rifle cartridge

This is interesting, but my whole take in a PCC is needs to take the same mags as my glock 17 with the ruger, and breakdown into a nice little case where i can put both be loaded up with a sidearm and carbine pretty quick.

What mags would it take for .45? Glock? 1911?? If it could take both, I could see owning it.

If Glock, I'd probably rather a 10mm, then I'd carry a Glock 20 to match. Ballistics would kick ass .41Mag style and make it near a real rifle shooting some hot buffalo bore or shit like that.

Honestly........it would be the perfect hole to fill if they made it in .44Mag and all those people wanting Ruger Deerfield Carbines would love it. (Not sure they would love the price)
Like a kid in a candy shop. Have fun.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujUCjbNNYQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfVPEQfmHEA

Last edited:

If you are going the PCC route, why not go .45 Super or .450 SMC? Not much benefit to a 14" or 16" barrel with .45 ACP. Unless you want a can, then I get it. Also, isn't the Beretta CX-4 storm available in .45 ACP?

If you are going the PCC route, why not go .45 Super or .450 SMC? Not much benefit to a 14" or 16" barrel with .45 ACP. Unless you want a can, then I get it. Also, isn't the Beretta CX-4 storm available in .45 ACP?
The whole point to a pcc for me is it takes the same ammo and magazines as my handgun......and the rifle is more accurate.

It amazes me that there are people that don't understand the ammo matching the pistol as an advantage to pcc. Your the 3rd or 4th one to mention going to a cal other than 45acp in a pcc.

As far as the cx4 storm.......I want a fire arm not one that looks like a mock up of Buck Roger's weapons.

The whole point to a pcc for me is it takes the same ammo and magazines as my handgun......and the rifle is more accurate.

It amazes me that there are people that don't understand the ammo matching the pistol as an advantage to pcc. Your the 3rd or 4th one to mention going to a cal other than 45acp in a pcc.

As far as the cx4 storm.......I want a fire arm not one that looks like a mock up of Buck Roger's weapons.
I agree with ammo matching....which is why I agree with 9mm, 40 or 45 acp would be important. Is why i bought my 9mm Ruger PCC, breaks down in 2 pieces, takes same mags as my G17 and I can store them all in one short case and have access to a rifle, pistol and ammo immediately that all takes the same mags and ammo.

I think the market they are missing is the hunting market, for sure a smaller market....but when I go in the woods, I'm carrying a 10mm, .357 or .44 mag. To have a PCC to hunt with and carry the same ammo in that situation, while hunting, ammo that will actually kill a deer cleanly. Would be an ideal market to tap. This is why Ruger's old 44 mag carbines are hard to find and expensive when you do. I think this is why.357 and .44 mag levers are so popular now too, and also why I own them.

That said, I'm not buying 1000 dollar semi auto PCC. Especially when I own lever guns. If its not 600 bucks, no one is going to buy them. Though the Homesteader with the wood stocks is rather good looking for a PCC, I could see paying a little more in the hunting market for one. This would be fudd market mostly, and Im not sure how big it really is.

For black rifle type guys that don't hunt or care about looks, there are a ton of other options out there now.

Last edited:
It caught my eye because of it being 9MM and not AR style. I have fired the CX9 and liked it but the Henry looks like something I'd like to have. I would get the Sig adapter.
I have the mags.

Attachments

• IMG_1561.jpeg
    IMG_1561.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Update on my thoughts on the henry pcc

I was able to handle 3 of them at ktp a week ago. 2 new 1 used. The used one and one of the new ones the front handgaurds were loose as f***. Like mossberg 500 rattle trap loose. I was disappointed to see that.

Update on my thoughts on the henry pcc

I was able to handle 3 of them at ktp a week ago. 2 new 1 used. The used one and one of the new ones the front handgaurds were loose as f***. Like mossberg 500 rattle trap loose. I was disappointed to see that.
Considering Henry's usual quality, that's exactly the word I would use.

Back
Top Bottom