• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Henry Axe .410

I wouldn't be using pellets that's for sure and a .44 mag you may find a bullet in the next house over in some kids chest.

You do realize modern hollowpoints, even hunting soft points, are precisely designed to avoid issues with overpenetration, right?

This is a video on .45ACP but the concept remains similar:

I'll agree that everyone has their likes and dislikes, while I like the Henry rifles and the mares legs, i agree that a lot of practice would be necessary to become proficient with the unusual loading motions, compared to pumps. The .410 bore makes me wonder as well, but,,, mostly for the reason that if you have to reload and shoot the person again in mAss, it could and would be used against you in a court of law. I have had the Mossy pistol grip only pumps and the SxS Stagecoach 12 gauge, and they do hurt from multiple shots / practice. My way off looking at is if you can afford a Henry to "play" then there are a lot of less expensive pumps and seni's with stocks and pistol grips that work perfectly fine. Again, my view from mAss is that defending yourself in mAss is just as dangerous as the scum that are invading your home and family. My humble opinion and 2 cts. Paul.

It does but how many and how many compared to a .44.

A .44 Magnum hollowpoint is going to stop in a human target, assuming the hollowpoint works properly and you don't miss. Buckshot is a pattern, meaning not all of the shot may hit the intended target. If your number one concern is overpenetration, you want one bullet that'll stop in its intended target.

Do has anyone come up with a brace for these? I keep finding articles from five years ago but nothing recent.

And why does everyone have to get wrapped around the axle about self defense? WGAF? Doesn’t anyone have fun anymore or do we all have to be Tommy Tacticool?

Back
Top Bottom