• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Henry .22 pump action rifle

Are pump action .22 Ma. compliant? My first rifle will most likely be a .22 and after looking around I really like these pump actions. I am a big fan of classics and like antiques so the old time looks of these rifles appeal to me. I have always liked lever actions also, but these pumps look like a lot of fun. Any opinions on the Henry's vs. a Taurus, or maybe get an older one. Looks like you could fire them as fast as a semi and they are more engaging. anyone have any pumps? If you have any old winchesters please post them up. Looking at the older ones and they are pricey. Beautiful guns.

Last edited:
Thats great, thanks. Hickock45 did a vid on a new Remington, or newer and it looked more like a shotgun without the hammer. I saw an old timer in Cabelas in Maine and it was small, probably a youth rifle, but it was cool. You can rattle them off as quick as a semi.

Thats great, thanks. Hickock45 did a vid on a new Remington, or newer and it looked more like a shotgun without the hammer. I saw an old timer in Cabelas in Maine and it was small, probably a youth rifle, but it was cool. You can rattle them off as quick as a semi.

Nice. Yeah pumps and levers are fine, no worries with those. Those aren't considered "large capacity" either, so you can have a beautiful tube fed Henry and you can tell the MGL to go pound sand.

I like the lever actions too. The Golden boy is nice with the brass reciever. The only thing about the new Henry is the reciever is painted and I think it might be cast metal instead of blued steel.

Nice. Yeah pumps and levers are fine, no worries with those. Those aren't considered "large capacity" either, so you can have a beautiful tube fed Henry and you can tell the MGL to go pound sand.

That's correct, tube fed mags are not limited to 10 rounds under the AWB because they're not detachable.

I have a nickled Rossi model 62, .22 pump gun.
It's a near faithful copy of a Winchester 62, even the trigger action works exactly like the original, which has no disconnector.
You can simply hold the trigger back, pump as fast as you can, and it'll fire as soon as the action closes fully into battery.
The Henry pumps are very nice, but quite a bit more expensive and heavier.
I'm a big fan of lever guns and the basic Henry H001 model is a very good value, shoots like a dream and the action is as smooth as you'll ever find. It'll also shoot .22 Shorts flawlessly.

That's correct, tube fed mags are not limited to 10 rounds under the AWB because they're not detachable.

I have a nickled Rossi model 62, .22 pump gun.
It's a near faithful copy of a Winchester 62, even the trigger action works exactly like the original, which has no disconnector.
You can simply hold the trigger back, pump as fast as you can, and it'll fire as soon as the action closes fully into battery.
The Henry pumps are very nice, but quite a bit more expensive and heavier.
I'm a big fan of lever guns and the basic Henry H001 model is a very good value, shoots like a dream and the action is as smooth as you'll ever find. It'll also shoot .22 Shorts flawlessly.

Thanks Zappa, I did a search on Henry here and read one of your older posts on the lever action.
does Rossi still make that model? i like the Henry, but I like the style of the old Winchesters

Thanks Zappa, I did a search on Henry here and read one of your older posts on the lever action.
does Rossi still make that model? i like the Henry, but I like the style of the old Winchesters

I'd love to get a nice lever action, hopefully a Winchester if I can find one at a good price. But with a potential shitstorm in the future, I can put that on hold for now and get other rifles instead. From what I've read, the old Winchesters are absolutely phenomenal firearms.

I just picked up two Golden Boys, one for each of my sons, and they are very well built, beautiful guns with smooth action. I haven't seen the pump version, other than in a catalog, but it's on my list to check out in the near future. I'd love a Big Boy in. 44 or. 357 mag.

I'd love to get a nice lever action, hopefully a Winchester if I can find one at a good price. But with a potential shitstorm in the future, I can put that on hold for now and get other rifles instead. From what I've read, the old Winchesters are absolutely phenomenal firearms.

Same here. All the articles or what people write they are heirlooms. They are expensive too, the old ones.

does Rossi still make that model?

Unfortunately no, but there are some used ones out there right now on GunBroker.
Search for "Rossi model 62".
These are also referred to as "Gallery Guns" because this type of pump gun was once widely used in the old carnival shooting galleries.
IIRC, Rossi made these in 16", 20" and 23" barrels, mine is a 23".
The longer barrel models hold more rounds because the magazine tube is also longer to match the barrel length.
Mine holds 19 .22LR's or 24 Shorts.

in the collection I have a winchester model 90, winchester model 1890, winchester model 61, a remington model 12a,
remington field master model 121, and a savage arms model 1914, it's fun to take the old guns out once in a while
and shoot them.

in the collection I have a winchester model 90, winchester model 1890, winchester model 61, a remington model 12a,
remington field master model 121, and a savage arms model 1914, it's fun to take the old guns out once in a while
and shoot them.

OK now I need to see some pictures....please.

Zappa thanks for the heads up on the Rossi's. I'll be on the lookout when I'm ready.

Unfortunately no, but there are some used ones out there right now on GunBroker.
Search for "Rossi model 62".
These are also referred to as "Gallery Guns" because this type of pump gun was once widely used in the old carnival shooting galleries.
IIRC, Rossi made these in 16", 20" and 23" barrels, mine is a 23".
The longer barrel models hold more rounds because the magazine tube is also longer to match the barrel length.
Mine holds 19 .22LR's or 24 Shorts.

I was just looking at the Rossi's on Gunbroker. one of them was stamped Interarms,Alexandria Virginia. Just what I'm looking for. What's your opinion, and old Rossi or a new Henry?

- - - Updated - - -

go to the .22 gallery pictures, not very good but thats all I have
Thanks

I have a Remington 572 I got a great deal on a couple years back. Fun gun everyone loves to shoot. Looks like this one
chad%20guns%20016.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom