• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Henry 22 H001 firing issue..

EMTDAD

NES Member
Took the Henry lever action H001 22LR out today.. had a issue firing.. wouldn't fire after a cycle of the lever action, but if I then pulled the hammer back manually and fired, it would go off. The action would cycle fine, just wouldn't fire on the first pull. Had to pull the hammer back and fire again.

When I got home, I dId a disassembly and took down the cover and bolt and did a good cleaning. I found a bit of plastic dummy round stuck in there from a training class last year.. I also did notice that the ejector pin had a slight bend and wouldn't go into the little track smoothly when I reassembled... Blaming this on the class and dummy round.

so I bent the ejector pin a bit to get it straight, put it all together, lubed and it seems to be cycling smoothly. But this doesn't pass my logic test of why the pin would strike only after the hammer was pulled back manually, and not at first after a lever cycle. Now to take it back to the range and see if it fires.

any thoughts from the gurus here?

Took the Henry lever action H001 22LR out today.. had a issue firing.. wouldn't fire after a cycle of the lever action, but if I then pulled the hammer back manually and fired, it would go off. The action would cycle fine, just wouldn't fire on the first pull. Had to pull the hammer back and fire again.

When I got home, I dId a disassembly and took down the cover and bolt and did a good cleaning. I found a bit of plastic dummy round stuck in there from a training class last year.. I also did notice that the ejector pin had a slight bend and wouldn't go into the little track smoothly when I reassembled... Blaming this on the class and dummy round.

so I bent the ejector pin a bit to get it straight, put it all together, lubed and it seems to be cycling smoothly. But this doesn't pass my logic test of why the pin would strike only after the hammer was pulled back manually, and not at first after a lever cycle. Now to take it back to the range and see if it fires.

any thoughts from the gurus here?
Not a guru here but know that Henry customer service will take care of it so no need to worry. Of you take it to the range and there is still a problem just contact Henry and they will fix it.

The bolt slides in the rail and once it goes all the way back it cocks the hammer. Was the bolt traveling all the way back? It's a very simple mechanism to cock the hammer on that gun. That would also mean the lever wasn't throwing all the way and you would have felt it not go fully down.

Since it is the last step in the bolt coming back, I would guess it just wasn't coming all the way back due to the item you had in there.

The bolt slides in the rail and once it goes all the way back it cocks the hammer. Was the bolt traveling all the way back? It's a very simple mechanism to cock the hammer on that gun. That would also mean the lever wasn't throwing all the way and you would have felt it not go fully down.

Since it is the last step in the bolt coming back, I would guess it just wasn't coming all the way back due to the item you had in there.
ty.. cycling the lever would cock the hammer and load a round properly. Pulling the trigger released the hammer, but just "click". No "bang". recock the hammer manually without cycling the lever. Then pull the trigger resulted in the "bang". It was almost like the pin wasn't hitting the rim the first time, but would the second time.

Back
Top Bottom