Help with Weymouth....

MassPete

NES Member
Has anyone here dealt with Weymouth lately for an original LTC??? These are the requirements. Wondering if they are issuing restricted LTC's.. Thanks...

This is the rest of the information and items you will need for the appointment:

To complete the process we will need to have you come in for an interview. With the Covid epidemic and the overwhelming volume of applicants We are moving as expeditiously as possible.

At the time of the interview you will need to bring in originals of all other documentation (Birth Certificate or Passport, Ma. Driver’s License, Proof of Residency, Basic Firearms Safety Course and Live Fire Target, Money Order) as well as copies of each for our file. Once we verify the originals they will be given back to you. You will only need the originals of you LTC application, Letter to Chief Fuller and Three Letters of Reference. All of these must be signed by their author.

For proof of residency we are requiring each of the following: current mortgage statement, Rental/ Lease Agreement, Excise tax from the Town of Weymouth, Town of Weymouth Water and Sewer Bill and two other forms of mail (Gas, electric Bills etc) that is adequate to prove your residency. (please bring copies of all of these as well as the originals for verification.

You will also need a $100 Money Order made out to the Town of Weymouth (please print your name and address on the bottom prior to making the copy of this and do not get this until the week of your appointment as some have 30 day expirations).

I did my renewal last year. It took a while with all the covid stuff. Weymouth PD now issue no restrictions LTC. My previous two had restrictions hunting and sport I believe. New Chief took over
01 January 2020 and they now issue full LTC.

At the time of the interview you will need to bring in originals of all other documentation (Birth Certificate or Passport, Ma. Driver’s License, Proof of Residency, Basic Firearms Safety Course and Live Fire Target, Money Order) as well as copies of each for our file. Once we verify the originals they will be given back to you. You will only need the originals of you LTC application, Letter to Chief Fuller and Three Letters of Reference. All of these must be signed by their author.

For proof of residency we are requiring each of the following: current mortgage statement, Rental/ Lease Agreement, Excise tax from the Town of Weymouth, Town of Weymouth Water and Sewer Bill and two other forms of mail (Gas, electric Bills etc) that is adequate to prove your residency. (please bring copies of all of these as well as the originals for verification.

You will also need a $100 Money Order made out to the Town of Weymouth (please print your name and address on the bottom prior to making the copy of this and do not get this until the week of your appointment as some have 30 day expirations).

What a pain in the ass. Bunch of dickheads.

Has anyone here dealt with Weymouth lately for an original LTC??? These are the requirements. Wondering if they are issuing restricted LTC's.. Thanks...

This is the rest of the information and items you will need for the appointment:

To complete the process we will need to have you come in for an interview. With the Covid epidemic and the overwhelming volume of applicants We are moving as expeditiously as possible.

How would that work if a person was married and all of that stuff was in the spouse's name? That sort of thing will often happen with wives, sounds like it might be a sexist policy that should be addressed.

It would be impossible to provide each of the following for 99% of people.

each of the following: current mortgage statement, Rental/ Lease Agreement, Excise tax from the Town of Weymouth, Town of Weymouth Water and Sewer Bill and two other forms of mail (Gas, electric Bills etc) that is adequate to prove your residency. (please bring copies of all of these as well as the originals for verification.

JFC that's one hell of a list to prove residency.

I've lived in this house for nearly 30 years as part of my compensation. The only thing I could provide is an excise tax bill on two vehicles. I'm shocked they didn't ask for a copy of the key to the front door!!! [puke2]

Wow dude, do they require anything else for proof of residency, I dont think they are asking for enough sh*t.

Proof of residency should be a simple sentence:

"why the f*ck would I want to lie about living here and go through this sh*t process?"

Last edited:
It would be impossible to provide each of the following for 99% of people.

each of the following: current mortgage statement, Rental/ Lease Agreement, Excise tax from the Town of Weymouth, Town of Weymouth Water and Sewer Bill and two other forms of mail (Gas, electric Bills etc) that is adequate to prove your residency. (please bring copies of all of these as well as the originals for verification.
If you just moved there, you won't get an excise tax for a few months.

Also, what if you don't have sewer and gas?

I would hope it is poorly worded and they really only require one or two.

If you just moved there, you won't get an excise tax for a few months.

Also, what if you don't have sewer and gas?

I would hope it is poorly worded and they really only require one or two.
If you have a paid for home you would need to take out a mortgage for proof of residency 😎

If you did not drive or own a vehicle you would need to buy one

Last edited:
This really deserves a phone call to the department to see what is actually required. There’s no way both a mortgage and a rental agreement are required. Someone just wrote this up carelessly.

If you have a paid for home you would need to take out a mortgage for proof of residency 😎

If you did not drive or own a vehicle you would need to buy one
I was thinking the same thing. I haven't had a mortgage statement in 4 years.

Fwiw all I need in haverhill for identification and residency was my driver's license. Done.

They are cops, not english majors. Pretty sure they need 1 of those to prove residency. Give them a call or shoot them an email, they will clarify, or wait until I do my renewal before August.....

i got the same email after waiting 2 months now im at 3 months and still havent gotten an appointment. i called them after a month and they said i should be hearing from them soon. any one know what the wait is in weymouth? also also the bills are in my wifes name except for my excise. would love to know if anyone has heard anything

Not everyone is aware of this, but if you OWN a business in another town, you can apply there. If a GREEN town, all the better. As an example, many years ago the owner of the Mill here in Littleton, who lives in Boston, was able to avoid the Boston bullshit. I gave him the course (LOL) and issuance of the LTC in Littleton was a piece of cake. I wonder if any of the FFLs here at the Mill who live in RED towns have taken advantage of this since they in fact own a business here? As always, you have to find ways to game the system. Jack.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom