Help with shotgun proof marks

I have this info on my favorites but I do not know how to get them on the forum.If you want to PM me your email I will send it to you.

The shotgun appears to be a Dumoulin SXS Liege. The proofs are defiantly Belgian and seem to resemble the ones made starting in 1893. F. Dumoulin & Cie (Cie meaning company) were high quality gun makers located in Liege, Belgium who have been making shotguns from 1849 to date. They mainly did custom work, and judging by the engravings on your firearms it was most likely custom. They contributed to a large Belgian firearms company who made both high quality guns as well as trade brand type shotguns. I would have to say that this is not a "trade brand", because of the quality engraving and the fact that they probably wouldn't put there company name on anything but authentic. The lion over PV means that the shotgun was intended to fire only smokeless low pressure shells. Seeing as there hasn't been many posts on this thread I hope this helps!

The shotgun appears to be a Dumoulin SXS Liege. The proofs are defiantly Belgian and seem to resemble the ones made starting in 1893. F. Dumoulin & Cie (Cie meaning company) were high quality gun makers located in Liege, Belgium who have been making shotguns from 1849 to date. They mainly did custom work, and judging by the engravings on your firearms it was most likely custom. They contributed to a large Belgian firearms company who made both high quality guns as well as trade brand type shotguns. I would have to say that this is not a "trade brand", because of the quality engraving and the fact that they probably wouldn't put there company name on anything but authentic. The lion over PV means that the shotgun was intended to fire only smokeless low pressure shells. Seeing as there hasn't been many posts on this thread I hope this helps!
Show off!!!

Back
Top Bottom