Help with pocket pistol

Carry a LW seecamp .32 and it's comfortable for me to wear everyday to work and be worry about it being exposed and freak the kind out. Great quality and workmanship on this baby. You will not regret it

If you're going to downsize to .380, you may as well make it count. The LCP and BG380 are small enough for holstered pocket carry. I like the LCP. The 238 is sweet, but I'm not putting a SA with manual safety in my pocket. As for G42, that thing's kinda large for a .380? WRT to G43/Shield/938, I don't consider them pocket-sized. Same thing with revolvers. Just too much bulk for my liking.

It's takes 32 caliber. Designed around Winchester silvertips. But will shoot other 32's. But it's a total pocket gun. Well built and smaller that a iPhone 6. I was hesitant with the 32 but shot it at the range and the silver tips are no joke. But again it's a belly gun and it fits nicely in the pocket. No reason not to carry. I usually carry and sw38 or a g27. But it's nice to just not deal with a holster sometimes
I owned a seecamp once...nice firearm, top quailty, but I wanted to upgrade to 380acp and the seecamp 380 is NOT MA approved. So I got a S&W bodyguard and I like it. just wish i could find a seecamp 380 ....they are still not MA approved?

I've had two Seecamp .32s, a Sig P238, a Kel-Tec P32, and a Taurus TCP .380. Quick thoughts:

The Seecamps are an outdated, compromised design and not manufactured very well. And mine were supposedly from the glory days of LWS himself in the '90s and '00s. Some new ones look pretty sketchy, and while the new owner is very friendly on the phone, getting parts shipped to me that weren't defective never went anywhere. I'm probably offending a lot of Seecamp owners but I didn't like the guns or the community at all.

Sig's a terrific gun but too big for pocket carry unless you wear cargo pants to go along with your IT logo polo shirt. Great in a small belt holster.

Kel-Tec is very plain, very basic but made well enough. Thinnest and lightest pistol you can buy as far as I know. Has the dead-reset trigger flaw that was removed in later designs like the Ruger LCP.

Taurus is like the Kel-Tec but looks better made. Slightly chunkier due to .380. More recoil. Based on the Kel-Tec design so it has the trigger reset issue too. But such a smooth trigger it's amazing.

I still have the last two. Probably should sell one but they're both great guns and not easy to find in Mass. If I had to go with a Mass-legal gun right now it'd probably be a BG380, even though they're chunky and the triggers are like a staple gun. Never handled a Kahr. They look nice.

Last edited:
Is anyone concerned with lint/debris in their gun? I work outdoors and get a lot of crap in my pockets. Are any of the listed guns more likely to function soiled? Talking about Sig P238/938, PM9, BG380 or Glock 42/43

Yeah, the Glocks. But what do you mean soiled? Like you shit your pants and still have to pull your gun? LOL.
Of the guns you listed I would say the least reliable is probably the Body Guard and it is probably the crappiest gun S&W makes right now. I know that guys that have them like them, but if I won one, I would trade it or sell it. YMMV

S&W 642CT is the pocket winner for me.

Had a PM9, maybe I got a lemon but it had issues with slide locking back in the middle of a mag. The only ammo that worked consistently was Hornady. Also the controls were sharp and often cut my thumb after a mag or two. Maybe my hands are too large. Eventually lost confidence and sold it, and I tried hard to love it.

Still have a Seecamp but it is finicky with Ammo, for me the Gold Dots worked best. Have not carried it in years.

I have tried other micro guns, but always seem to come back to the S&W 642CT, always goes bang, and the laser is nice.

Learn how to carry a larger gun, Glock 26.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Glocks. But what do you mean soiled? Like you shit your pants and still have to pull your gun? LOL.
Of the guns you listed I would say the least reliable is probably the Body Guard and it is probably the crappiest gun S&W makes right now. I know that guys that have them like them, but if I won one, I would trade it or sell it. YMMV

I don't mean soiled as in "Oops I crapped my pants," I mean it as in getting soil, chaff, and debris in my pockets from farming.

I wouldn't take a BG 380 for free never mind trust my life to it. It is a POS. I would rather carry my SIG's wrapped up in my Polo shirt (if I owned a Polo shirt) than carry a BG380. The Glock 26 is good gun but to big for pocket carry. Maybe try a crossbreed supertuck holster so you have more options. I did not like carrying my Sig 238 in my pocket.

Back
Top Bottom