• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help with pocket pistol

Watched a fellow MA gun owner walk out the door behind me, whip out a revolver from his jacket pocket (not caring that the muzzle was pointing my way), load it, and toss it back in his pocket. No holster, looked to not have a hammer, and not a care in the world.

Do please make sure that you use a holster for your pocket gun, no matter the pocket you choose to store it in.
A typical DAO snubnose has a trigger pull around 10lbs that's fairly long. As long as there's nothing else in that pocket, you can safely carry without a holster. Personally, I'm not a fan of it because the gun can end up upside-down, fouling your draw big time, but I've done it and, like I said, it's not really unsafe.

Seacamp. Yup a 32. But it's Winchester silver tips. A good round. Most people scoff at it, but seacamp has a good website detailing how the company decided what a good carry pistol was. its a great pocket carry. Smaller than a cell phone. Well built. Never an issue with it.

One more vote for the Kahr PM9. I pocket carry mine in everything. Prints in jeans, but as someone on here once said, anyone who cares won't notice, and anyone who notices won't care.

I do have a BG myself. Very easy to carry in a pocket. You do have to practice with it, as it has a long DA trigger with each round. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide on.

I like my LCR in .38+P

There are downsides to snubbies and to the caliber but in my view it was the right choice that fit my constraints.

I wanted:

Light
No Safeties
Low worry about dust/lint causing issues from pocket carry

I am a lefty so I always get annoyed by small right handed controls.

I was going from nothing carry to 5 rounds of .38+P that I can count on being there so it was an undeniable upgrade.

I've been carrying my LCP2 just about everyday, except sometimes on the weekends. It really is nice to throw it in the pocket and forget about it. It's tiny, need to shoot it more though. It's snappy for sure. Got a great deal for this one at Next Level in Salem, NH.

too much crap in my pants pockets to carry there. Between keys, cell phone, wallet, mace, and pocket change I'm fresh outta room....

Keys, wallet and change in front left pocket (wallet is money clip / card holder), cell phone in rear left pocket, don't carry mace personally - but my knife is either in my watch pocket of jeans or rear pocket with handkerchief. Leaves my front right pocket available for LC9s.

Of your choice in original post, I'd go for the .327 - just because I've always wanted one.

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man. I'm in mass so would need to find someone who is willing to sell it. It definitely on my want list.

I have a bodyguard that I put a Galloway trigger system on. Cuts long trigger pull in half. Very low profile. That being said I plan on getting a .327 myself. During the great ammo shortage a couple years ago I was up Maine at Cabela's. They had .357 and decided to load up. Well I get home and while putting said ammo away something caught my eye, putting glasses on realized I had inadvertently bought 10 boxes of .327 along with the half dozen boxes of .357...Sooo my need for for .327 [wink]

Is anyone concerned with lint/debris in their gun? I work outdoors and get a lot of crap in my pockets. Are any of the listed guns more likely to function soiled? Talking about Sig P238/938, PM9, BG380 or Glock 42/43

Is anyone concerned with lint/debris in their gun? I work outdoors and get a lot of crap in my pockets. Are any of the listed guns more likely to function soiled? Talking about Sig P238/938, PM9, BG380 or Glock 42/43

I would suggest at least weekly doing a basic field strip and brush it down, while inspecting it, looking for said debris and making sure it's always oiled to its personal liking and performance level. Good practice to get into, more so if you're tossing it unsheathed into a pocket every day.

Seacamp. Yup a 32. But it's Winchester silver tips. A good round. Most people scoff at it, but seacamp has a good website detailing how the company decided what a good carry pistol was. its a great pocket carry. Smaller than a cell phone. Well built. Never an issue with it.

Is the Seacamp ammo specific?
I read on a LGS website that they won't sell it without the required ammo.

A snubby laughs at your typical pocket smegma ;-)

Sorry, just had to give a shout out for the lowly snubby after reading your choices above.

I keep my Sig dry back there just CLP on a q tip to clean. The Bodyguard will collect lint down in behind the hammer but not much of a problem imo.

Had a 238 that collected lint inside the hammer area like it was its job. I was a tad concerned but doubt it would actually cause an issue. No issue with the striker guns though, just lint on the outside.

I would suggest at least weekly doing a basic field strip and brush it down, while inspecting it, looking for said debris and making sure it's always oiled to its personal liking and performance level. Good practice to get into, more so if you're tossing it unsheathed into a pocket every day.

Good advice. I do try to clean it regularly. It does reside in a holster though.

Thanks for your opinions everyone. Really helps. Even though posts were different, a lot of you mentioned the same two or three guns. I want all of them :) Thanks again

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere along the way here but if you pick up one of the mentioned pocket pistols take a look at Galloway Precision as well. They re-work and replace some factory parts allegedly making these little guns much more reliable and better shooters. I have no experience with them, but something to look into.

https://gallowayprecision.com/

Is the Seacamp ammo specific?
I read on a LGS website that they won't sell it without the required ammo.

It's takes 32 caliber. Designed around Winchester silvertips. But will shoot other 32's. But it's a total pocket gun. Well built and smaller that a iPhone 6. I was hesitant with the 32 but shot it at the range and the silver tips are no joke. But again it's a belly gun and it fits nicely in the pocket. No reason not to carry. I usually carry and sw38 or a g27. But it's nice to just not deal with a holster sometimes

Last edited:
my 5.11 cotton cargo pants have a zipped pocket right behind the normal right pocket where I keep my phone, the G42 in Desantis pocket holster fits in there perfectly.

Kel-Tec P32 has become my always gun over the past 4 months... if I need to be ultra discrete, I will have it in my right front pocket and a cold steel urban pal around my neck. Otherwise the P32 rides in my left pocket as backup to my g19

Back
Top Bottom