• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help with my PPK

I recently bought a new Walther ppk/s... My problem is I want to clean it but I can't get the slide off. I read the manual and its so easy but the damn thing wont move. Anyone have any thoughts?? also if you have a good cleaning strategy for it I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!!

Unload and remove the magazine........

While pulling the trigger guard down and holding it there, pull the slide completly to the rear, then up.

It takes some practice and yours might be tight. Once you get the hang of it, it takes only a few seconds to field stipe it.

I have one of the German ones (DOB 1971) and it takes a lot of muscle to do this. That recoil spring is a tough one.

The trigger guard on mine has just enough play in it that it can be pulled down, then over just off to the side, enough so that it does not snap back up.

I used to have a PPK and I always had trouble getting it apart. Hubby had to take the slide off for me and sometimes he had trouble with it.

When I got home after seeing the stubborn PPKs in Attleboro, I pulled mine from the safe. My slide pops off no problem, unfortunately, I am now convinced yours has issues. Good luck with it, and let us know what you discover once the problem is solved.

Back
Top Bottom