Help with Military term

67ray

NES Member
To a nonserviceman, how would you define the term 'shitbird'? I know it is basically an a**h*** or jerk but what type of a**h*** are we talking about here?

Are there nuances that vary by branch of the service?

Back in my day, pre ACOG, when the 1911 was still what Marines qualified with, a shitbird lacked discipline, was not squared away. He would be late for muster, lose his cover, fall back on runs etc. It was often a label given to a Marine to encourage other Marines to "help" him.
"Seeing as Private Shitbird needed his beauty sleep this morning, we are going to run 2 additional miles before chow"

Back in my day, pre ACOG, when the 1911 was still what Marines qualified with, a shitbird lacked discipline, was not squared away. He would be late for muster, lose his cover, fall back on runs etc. It was often a label given to a Marine to encourage other Marines to "help" him.
"Seeing as Private Shitbird needed his beauty sleep this morning, we are going to run 2 additional miles before chow"
This...a shitbird is basically being as f***ed up and fat as possible without breaking any laws under the UCMJ. They basically don’t give a shit and are just riding out there enlistment.

Shitbird is someone unkempt and unfit.

It might be one of the few terms that is used by all services and means about the same thing. If “Private Ragbag” also has a bad attitude, he’s a shitbird.

My unit preferred the term "shitbag," but same diff.

A civilian might call that a slacker? Lacks nuance, though.

It's hard, I think, to find a civilian equivalent becuase a big part of being a shitbag is wearing the uniform in various substandard ways, and that's not a thing in civvie-world.

Blue falcon= buddy f***er out for theirs. Shitbird= all around useless.
[rofl2]
During Basic it had always been buddy f**ker, it wasn't until afterwards that I had heard the term Blue Falcon. I kept hearing it and one day asked my Sgt. wtf the a**h***s were going on about.

Me: Sarge, what the f**k is a Blue Falcon?
Sgt.: (rolls eyes) Same as buddy f**ker.
Me: Then why not just say buddy f**ker?
Sgt.: Because they're POGs, and POGs are pu**ies that are easily offended and/or are too concerned about offending other pu**sies.
Me: Good talk Sarge. [laugh]
Sgt.: F**k you.

Back
Top Bottom