Help with bedding a stock?

I have one of those 91/30 repros and the stock to barrel fit was pretty dismal, so on another's suggestion I bought an Acraglas bedding kit from Brownells (two part epoxy gel). Was hoping that someone could offer me some advice on how much wood I need to take off in order to use this properly? The fit around sides of the the action is pretty tight, do I need to take a lot of that wood off?

when I have done them I open it up a little depending on what I want to do.
the best gain will be in the lug/bedding areas anyway. I would rough it up with some real course grit paper and attack it with the dremel down in the bedding areas. MAKE SURE TO USE PLENTY of the release! and also fill in any concave areas with clay to keep it from sealing the stock to the action. i just followed the directions for the most part

Well, she's curing now... I have a nagging feeling that gun and stock will never come apart again. but hopefully it works out.

the first one is always the scariest one! I have done 3-4 over the years, and it does work well. I will be doing my yugo M48 sooner or later.

Got off work at 4 last night, ran home and did the seperation. She came apart fine! (ok, after about 15 minutes of trying to loosen.

Using the bolt as a lever seemed dumb at the time but it did work...

Use the Accraglass to fix your chairs. Get some Devcon Plastic Steel, Marine Tex, or Bisonite. Devcon or Marine Tex are a little easier to use. Bisonite gives a better bedding. Champion's Choice sells Bisonite.

Well, it's all done now. It worked fine, although I'm going to have to file some excess off the stock. Now the cleanup... All that blue stuff on it is going to be a pain.

Back
Top Bottom