• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

help with a 22 pistol question in MA

I have a S&W 22a that is a tack driver and eats everything I feed it, including cheap federal bulk packs. YMMV.

i have the Ruger SR22 and love it. It was my first gun and it is perfect for ranges and if you decide to get your ltc its small enough for every day carry.
good luck

Don't discount revolvers...they've been around for over 150 years. And they can be very accurate!

Great point. And the 617 is one of the few guns you can actually buy these days. They were in tight supply for months. Then since December, they've loosened up. I'm guessing everybody is spending their money on semi-autos, ammo and magazines these days.

- - - Updated - - -

S&W makes a sweet 10 shooter in .22.

Yep. Thats the 617. You can get it in 4" or 6" bbl.

I have talked to Bass pro shops and Four Seasons in Woburn they both tell me the Ruger mkIII is not "on the list"

Mark

Mark, go somewhere else (might try Collectors in Stoneham). They do not know what they are talking about!!

Here's the latest EOPS Roster of Approved Handguns, dated 11/2012. See Page 11 of this PDF.

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/approved-weapons-roster-4-2012.pdf

To be more complete and hopefully NOT to confuse you:

I will say that Ruger did ask GCAB to remove some/all their guns from the approved roster because THEY INTEND TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE DESIGNS! However, GCAB told them "no" they don't do that and the guns that are/were in the pipeline or already sold DO meet MA requirements. Ruger did modify their own websites to reflect non-compliance but most of this is due to utter stupidity on their part. From the consumer side, all this matters not, find a dealer with a gun you want at a price you are willing to pay and just buy it . . . none of those regulations apply to buyer or ownership, they are all related to what a MA Dealer is allowed to transfer or not.

Last edited:
You're in a crazy market right now. Keep checking the NES classified. If I were in the market I would jump on this one: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...model-422-6in-barrel-adj-sights-cal-22lr.html
I've fired this model, and they are accurate and reliable. If you decide to move on to something else, you won't lose money - it's a S&W.

Agreed. I bought the S&W 622 (same gun, different finish) for my Wife a number of years ago. She loves it. She shoots Aguila Std Vel .22LR in it without any issues.

Back
Top Bottom