• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help with 7.62x39 purchase

I love my 50's era SKS, but take a look at ammo prices. I bought a 1000 rnd case of Chinese steel core 7.62x39 in 1988. Now with a war on that consumes that caliber and add in Russian export bans and it's not cheap anymore.
Thank christ I stocked DEEP. Seems like the current rate is $400 out the door for cases of golden tiger x39 at 619DW guns in NH. Online it's 43-45 cpr for non-corrosive.

jesus christ why does this exist? i just threw up in my mouth.... i'll be sure to buy one of these after my gender re-assignment surgery...
heh, it is not that bad, only brakes off extractors on regular basis.
;):p

and, anyway, all those warsaw pact calibers, all that goes way into the past anyway with all its former glory. meh.

I found if you tend to not shoot it and just think about shooting it, theres not many failures
i could not get to the range all summer so far, last time was may 31st. at all. all summer long was non stop one thing after another.

jesus christ why does this exist? i just threw up in my mouth.... i'll be sure to buy one of these after my gender re-assignment surgery...

Because if one wants to shoot 7.62x39 in MA, buying a $600 upper to toss on an already owned lower is a lot cheaper than buying an AK in this cesspool

Basically the equivalent of trying to make .40 less stupid by buying a 357 Sig conversion parts rather than just admitting failure and buying a 9mm.

Lol, comparing .556 to .40 and x39 to 357 sig.

You’re right! ARs chambered in 5.56 are as totally unpopular as 40. May as well toss all those in the trash and donate the ammo to charity.

B) it’s cheaper than buying an effing AK at full retard MA prices especially if you already have completed lowers.

AKs aren't necessarily any more expensive in MA than anywhere else. There was a WASR in the classifieds here for a VERY reasonable price about two weeks ago; you just have to have your eyes open and your wallet ready whenever they come up.

And, for non-WASRs and other mid-tier AKs, prices elsewhere in the country are also becoming ridiculous. So, on some AKs, there's not really a MA premium anymore.

Buying a x39 upper to “save money” was a dumb idea when 7.62x39 was .25cpr and it’s even dumberer now.

Ultimately with a x39 AR you have a rifle that’s less reliable, less accurate, less forgiving than the 556 it was designed for. You’re also probably becoming accustomed to how the AR performs in x39 rather than building proficiency in .556. All so you can break even after 6,000+ rounds.

If you want a x39 AR cuz “f*** you that’s why,” I can respect that. Otherwise, stop the crazy talk. Buy an SKS which will be cheaper and cooler.

Now can we can all get back to shitting on mini 30s?

Buying a x39 upper to “save money” was a dumb idea when 7.62x39 was .25cpr and it’s even dumberer now.

Ultimately with a x39 AR you have a rifle that’s less reliable, less accurate, less forgiving than the 556 it was designed for. You’re also probably becoming accustomed to how the AR performs in x39 rather than building proficiency in .556. All so you can break even after 6,000+ rounds.

If you want a x39 AR cuz “f*** you that’s why,” I can respect that. Otherwise, stop the crazy talk. Buy an SKS which will be cheaper and cooler.

Aside from extractors breaking every 500-1k rounds, I've had just a couple FTEs over several thousand rounds. Accuracy is very good (I only shoot inside of 120 yards, can't speak beyond that).

But yeah buying a x39 upper to "save money" is dumb. The only other reason I got a x39 upper is because I have a f***ton of x39 ammo on hand lol.

Who mentioned it was to “save money?” Only you. Just something else to shoot x39.

Internet memes, got me!

Back
Top Bottom