• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help with 7.62x39 purchase

Lank

NES Member
I'm invested in the 7.62x39 scene.

Ruger Mini 30 or SKS?

Your experience is helpful.

My previous experience with Mini 30 is that I knew I was shooting a rifle but accuracy was underwhelming.

Is the SKS on par, better or worse?

steel ammo shooter

Ruger Mini 30 or SKS?

My previous experience with Mini 30 is that I knew I was shooting a rifle but accuracy was underwhelming.

steel ammo shooter
Also not looking at bolt guns at the moment

Is this really a question? SKS or Mini 30?

One of the most iconic, durable, reliable, cost-effective, and sturdy designs in the history of firearms, vs... a Mini 30? At probably three times the price?

SKS x 1,000.

Is this really a question? SKS or Mini 30?

One of the most iconic, durable, reliable, cost-effective, and sturdy designs in the history of firearms, vs... a Mini 30? At probably three times the price?

SKS x 1,000.
No no on the Mini30 for sure. A Mini-14 covering .223 was enough for me. Cost of mags too is ridiculous for the 30.

depends upon a price.
good sks will work well.
vz58 is more expensive and also will work well.
an ar15 upper in x39 will also work ok. a lot of choices out there, if you really think it is worth to keep using that caliber.

Mini 30 can be fun. But there is no comparison.
Your question would have been just as good if you asked sks or just throw the bullet.
Yes I own both but only several of the sks

Browning BRN180 upper in 7.62x39 on whatever lower you want, I'm using an Aero, the best part is it's an AR platform that can have a real folding stock.

Ruger Mini 30 or SKS?

steel ammo shooter
Given those choices SKS
Even the Norincos are fine.

One good advantage of the SKS is that it has a built-in magazine that will always be with the gun. Just need handfuls of x39 ammo to stuff in there.
OIP.4-Z34wBPZvs8_sWyq5TF2gHaFj
That's what these are made for. You can carry a lot of them in an ammo pouch.

Back
Top Bottom