Help with 10MM self defense ammo needed....

....I have been having a horrible time finding self defense ammo for my Glock 20. I have one twenty round box of Federal 10mm self defense ammo, which was great when I carried a G20 with 2-10 round mags. Now that I carry 2-15 round mags, I want to either get more of the Federal ammo, or get another brand (and get at least 60 rounds worth for testing and carry, etc)

S0, any recommendations on brand AND where I can find it? I visited 3 stores this weekend and none had any SD 10MM in stock....the fourth store I went to had Hornady, and while I have never used that brand before, was kind of wondering if I should go for it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hornady is about typical for most shops. If you get lucky you might find some Win Silvertip 175 gr. The Silvertip is kind of an ancient bullet design by today's standards but it seems to work well enough.

A small company used to load up GDHPs in 10mm, but they don't anymore, and their QC has been slipping as of late.

-Mike

I scored a few boxes of Silvertip at the gun show a month or so ago, paid a bunch for them though, I have not been able to find any self defense ammo in 10mm since. The only thing I have seen at the local shops down my way is Blazer at 25-30 bucks a box.

I have started to read up on reloading and plan to start next month.

I scored some Norma and old federal hydra-shok on this forum not too long ago. It's definitely out there. Maybe your dealer can order you some?

Cor-Bon makes some very nice stuff, but finding it (at least in MA-land) has been a huge PITA. I've also had good luck with Doubletap, which might be the small company drgrant refers to, but I've heard other people having much more mixed results, and again, finding it is not the easiest thing to do. When you do find it though, it comes in boxes of 50, so you can chrono a few and still have enough left for two full mags.

I've seen both Cor-Bon and Hornaday at First Defense, although its availability is somewhat sporadic. America's Armed (in Milford) had M&D Munitions 10mm JHP in stock and at one point a local guy on Gun Broker was also selling cases of it.

Four Season's will special order ammo for you, they will just not give to a date when it will be in since they only order when they have a bid enough order. I had to special order some Cor-Bon 32ACP. It took about a month to come in,

Bobs in webster has a decent selection of 10mm SD ammo. i was in there today and was looking through, even had federal hydrashocks.

Back
Top Bottom