• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help w/ Restriction Removal - Dorchester, MA

First off, thank you to everyone on this site. You have already been immensely helpful in my obtaining an LTC (even if it is restricted).

I received my LTC January 2015 w/ a "target and hunting" restriction. I now live in a not-so-nice area of Dorchester and due to a recent slew of nearby shootings I would like to get my license unrestricted.

If anyone near me, or who has dealt with getting this unrestricted within Boston proper could offer advise I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

I have also researched this, and from what I have gathered Boston puts the "target/hunting" restriction on everyone except for attorneys, physicians, practicing licensed firearms instructors, small business owners who can prove they handle a lot of cash, violent crime victims, and the political class.

I have not heard of anyone getting the restriction removed based on documentation of rising violent crime in their neighborhood, not to say that it hasn't happened. I have not seen any evidence that restrictions are eventually dropped after a license renewal. There are a few cases where licenses were issued as unrestricted for no apparent reason, presumably in error.

More here: https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-178758.html

Back
Top Bottom