• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

[Deleted Message]

Call olympic arms to verify 360-459-7940. It had to be a rifle before 9/1994 to be pre-ban. Don't know if they sold stripped receivers or not but it has to be on the books as a rifle somewhere prior to the ban otherwise its an ordinary post ban rifle. That serial number was made between Dec 1989 and August 1990.

Call olympic arms to verify 360-459-7940. It had to be a rifle before 9/1994 to be pre-ban. Don't know if they sold stripped receivers or not but it has to be on the books as a rifle somewhere prior to the ban otherwise its an ordinary post ban rifle. That serial number was made between Dec 1989 and August 1990.
[Deleted Message]

Last edited:
I'm a new LTC holder. I just won the bid online for $1410+S/H. Not a bad price?? IDK since I see people buying/selling crummy Olympic lowers by themselves for $1500-$2000... crazy. If I put a new upper on this, could I resell it within MA? Thanks. Sorry for the noob questions.
I'll pm you

I'm a new LTC holder. I just won the bid online for $1410+S/H. Not a bad price?? IDK since I see people buying/selling crummy Olympic lowers by themselves for $1500-$2000... crazy. If I put a new upper on this, could I resell it within MA? Thanks. Sorry for the noob questions.
You can resell it later on. The price isn't bad . Sadly. 5 or 10 years from now who know what laws will be but, as is stands now you can sell it in the future. Should be a fun gun for you. Is the seller in ma?

Called them multiple times, never an answer. Left a message last week. They don't even have a website. Don't think they're still around. Guy selling it says he is reselling it off the original owner, who bought it new in 89, with the special edition ultra match upper that only came from the oly factory... G2G I suppose.

Oh that's pretty cool. I've seen a couple of those setups sell on gunbroker. That may have the original set trigger in it if they didn't strip the internals. I believe you set the safety to a different position to activate it and then its a real set trigger.

Thinking about buying a Olympic SGW with S/N F7920 with the stop sign logo. Has a 20" match barrel with a bipod. Seller says it's made in 1989... I am struggling to find info on whether it's verifiably preban or not. Thanks.

Looking at this picture again, it does look like there might be a trigger adjustment screw on it. Its sticking out from under the receiver just ahead of the trigger.

JPM, I appreciate the advice you've given and the quick response. Thanks! I was considering switching out the internals with a newer PSA kit since they originals are both 30+ years old and I've heard Oly had hit or miss quality control.

I would try it out first. Could be a very nice trigger already.

There is a list of S/Ns in a sticky somewhere here on NES. It was lifted off of AR15.com many years ago. You can go off of that to determine legit pre-ban or not.

You can resell it later on. The price isn't bad . Sadly. 5 or 10 years from now who know what laws will be but, as is stands now you can sell it in the future. Should be a fun gun for you. Is the seller in ma?
In 5 or 10 years you people living in Massachusetts won't even be able to think about a gun without getting arrested.

Back
Top Bottom