• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HELP restricted ltc

BIG1PUN

NES Member
Hi everyone I got a A class ltc restricted to sporting I need help and advice to see what can I do to get it unrestricted with out spending a lot of $$$$ any and everything will help thanks in advance.

You could try to talk to the issuing officer, however unless there are major reasons that you didn't tell them about I doubt they would change their mind. Please realize that I don't think any reason besides "It's your right" should be necessary.

If they say no, you could move to a town that believes in the second amendment, or you could hire a lawyer however that takes $$. You have to look deep and figure out how bad you really want this, and what it is worth to you.

I called the officer and I emailed her a bunch of time but nothing any one know how much a lawyer will cost for something like this? Would like to know I mite have to do that

If you go here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...uide-to-gun-rights-in-your-Massachusetts-town

... you'd see that Lowell is a RED town. Meaning that Lowell only gives out restricted LTC's.

I'm not sure how a lawyer is going to help you at this point (should have had the lawyer help you with the application process to maximize your chances of getting no restrictions).

But if you decide to fight it... good luck [grin]

If you are in Lowell you are basically screwed. I would say "call a gun lawyer" but I doubt they are going to have a wallhack for that town, it is one of the worst in MA.

The right time to do this would have been BEFORE you applied for a license, BTW..... would have given you slightly more leverage.... problem is now, by "sucking" for a restricted, you've shown your hand. It might still be possible to do something, so don't let me discourage you, though...

-Mike

I've heard of someone getting an unrestricted license in Lowell before, although it is rare. A lawyer will cost you at least a couple thousand dollars.

I called the officer and I emailed her a bunch of time but nothing any one know how much a lawyer will cost for something like this? Would like to know I mite have to do that

Call up a MA firearms lawyer and ASK. They don't bite. Usually.

The simple and (comparatively) cheap solution is to move. There are several nearby green towns to chose from. You're not going to get anywhere trying to deal with Lowell. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Ken

Sorry friend -I just left Lowell - I tried 2 times in the 8 years I lived there to get it 'upgraded' but to no avail. There are attorneys out there - I once got a quote for 500 bucks off a craigslist ad from an attorney who said he could do it, but I thought it was too shady. The issuing officer isn't the problem, its the police chief, who, while well intentioned and who has a really hard job to do, is a wee misguided when it comes to issuing the All Lawful Purposes licenses.

The prevailing advice, sadly, is correct - move. That's hard for me to say because I loved Lowell when I lived there - but between the lousy housing market, the continuingly shuttering downtown businesses and the uptick in criminal activity - why stay in a place that hampers your ability to take care of yourself.

Sorry, that's a ranting response, but my heart breaks as to what Lowell's become.

You could try to talk to the issuing officer, however unless there are major reasons that you didn't tell them about I doubt they would change their mind. Please realize that I don't think any reason besides "It's your right" should be necessary.

If they say no, you could move to a town that believes in the second amendment, or you could hire a lawyer however that takes $$. You have to look deep and figure out how bad you really want this, and what it is worth to you.

When I last tried this in Lowell, the issuing officer was very polite, but firm - she'd only give that out if you had a work related reason to carry - and even that came with asterisks such as carrying only while working, OR if you demonstrated some kind of need -- good luck with that one.

The simple and (comparatively) cheap solution is to move. There are several nearby green towns to chose from. You're not going to get anywhere trying to deal with Lowell. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Ken

Since he's in Lowell he might as well bite the bullet and move to Nashua.

Since he's in Lowell he might as well bite the bullet and move to Nashua.

Unless, of course, he's stuck in a house, or something.... never really understood why gun owners in MA intentionally move into Lawrence, Lowell.... when NH is like 10 minutes away.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom