Help remove Squib

Correct. A squib round, by definition, is underpowered. If the OP caught the problem before firing another round there's no danger of a barrel bulge.
Luckily I did catch it before I shot another round. I had a round explode in my glock before.This sig P229 is my favorite gun rite now. I'm on a roll.

Take the empty slide and face it upwards. Take the barrel and face the crown downwards. Slowly slide the barrel into the opening in the slide. The end opening in the slide is close to the barrel diameter so if the barrel is bulged it will either hang up or you will feel a change in resistance as it passes through.

This is Taught at the glock armorers course.

I wasn't questioning that. I was questioning how an under powered round(squib) would cause a barrel bulge. In other words why would you even suggest that. He did not fire a second round into the squib.

Luckily I did catch it before I shot another round. I had a round explode in my glock before.This sig P229 is my favorite gun rite now. I'm on a roll.

You are really unlucky. In all my years of shooting I've never had a squib round, even with crap .22 rimfire. I've had some of those that failed to fire on the first strike, but never a squib.

With your run of bad luck, I wouldn't waste any money buying lottery tickets. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom