Help reading Refrig Service manual

jayhitek

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Can anyone help with reading a service manual for my Samsung Refrig/Freezer? I have the pdf. Need to know what a certain wire does in my Ice maker.

What does the 3rd smaller brown wire does in the ice maker?
I have replaced my ice maker and bucket 2x each over the past 4 years. Tired of it constantly breaking and freezing up and having to reset and thaw..

I'm going to disable the icemaker and dump ice from a portable counter ice maker into the bucket.
The first big connector is for the actual ice maker. the 2nd connector apears to be for the motor and the switch onthe door and moving the arm inside the ice bucket. I obviously want to keep that connected..

But what does the 3rd smaller connector with the brown wire do?

Attachments

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a crappy LG that has icemaker in the door. So it needs a fan to blow freezer air to the door. The fan ices up when it is humid

So i built a fan to take warm room air, send it along a shnozzle, then into the air duct in the fridgr door jam. Whe it ices, i kill the electricity, and run the warm air into the duct. An hour later and the fan is deiced

jayhitek

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
normally i just have to scrape out the extra ice and then hit the reset button.
In order to take it all apart to get to this point.. I held a hair dryer at the whole thing for like 5-10 mins.

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brown wire to the water valve solenoid would be my guess. I've had so many problems with my icemaker/freezer........

Last edited:

grey

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Often there is an adjustment screw that changes the amount of time the icemaker waits to dump the newly made ice. Too long - its doesnt make ice very quickly. Too short - partially frozen cubes can slosh water all over moving components which eventually freeze up. I've "fixed" quite a few ice makers simply by adjusting the rate

jayhitek

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My GE fridge shuts the ice maker down about every two months and asks for a rest. I shut off the ice maker switch for two days and then turn it back on. Works fine again. Jack.
I can't do that any more. It pretty much turns into a massive block of ice. And even shutting it off, it still stays frozen.

snax

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Make sure you get good airflow, it must have a temp sensor as part of it, if it goes above a certain level, it won't make ice until it dips down well below freezing again. Food can be blocking cold air to the unit.
Lower your temperature.
My freezers run -20F or lower, I've never had problems with my icemakers after I lowered the temps. I used to have them hovering at 0 to -10, but oddly that wasn't cold enough, they would sometimes make ice, sometimes not.

jayhitek

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Make sure you get good airflow, it must have a temp sensor as part of it, if it goes above a certain level, it won't make ice until it dips down well below freezing again. Food can be blocking cold air to the unit.
Lower your temperature.
My freezers run -20F or lower, I've never had problems with my icemakers after I lowered the temps. I used to have them hovering at 0 to -10, but oddly that wasn't cold enough, they would sometimes make ice, sometimes not.
My ice maker is inside my refrigerator in it's own little spot. The fridge temp is set at 37 degrees.

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My GE fridge shuts the ice maker down about every two months and asks for a rest. I shut off the ice maker switch for two days and then turn it back on. Works fine again. Jack.
I've got a GE also, problems with my icemaker shutting down too. I've just been resetting the unit when it stops making ice. Shut off the power switch on the front of the icemaker for 30 seconds then flip it back on. Push the paddle over the bin back 3 times briskly and that will reset the unit. Easy fix if it works for you.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Defrost heater or defrost terminator most likely. I'd leave it plugged in. I don't think you have the correct schematic either.

jayhitek

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Defrost heater or defrost terminator most likely. I'd leave it plugged in. I don't think you have the correct schematic either.
After looking at the schematic a little closer.. I believe you are correct. It's the heater/defrost for the reset button.

Top Bottom