• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help Needed Looking for a WW II Colt 1911 from 1943 #1092412 sold to Hillcrest Gun Shop in Needham

Dressed to Kill

NES Member
Hello everyone

Let me preface this by saying I know it's a long shot however it wouldn't hurt to ask. A good friend of mine just lost his grandfather who was a World War 2 vet Daniel J. Coyle - Obituary - Mansfield, MA / Dedham, MA - Sherman & Jackson Funeral Home | CurrentObituary.com We got to talking about him selling most of his firearms in the early 80s to fund his anniversary to his wife. He was saying he would love to get his 1911 back. I know it's like finding a needle in a stack of needles but I figured it might still be in the state. He sold the guns to Hillcrest Gun Shop 29 Smith street in Needham ,Ma. So by chance does anyone here have this Colt 1911 #1092412? It holds great sentimental value to his grandson would love to buy it back.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 20190122_190315.jpg
    20190122_190315.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 157
Oh man do tears flow out for prices given to him for those relics.

Hope for the best in someone finding this post who owns that Colt.

$75! Ouch. I wish him luck in finding it. I'll ask my wife to pray to Saint Anthony. I don't pray, but this usually works for her.

You might consider adding the gun to the HotGunz database, that way if someone had the thought to check it they might be able to get in touch with you where you could then explain the situation.

If it was sold to a gun shop, it's in the system. You could call Boston ATF and see if you can sweet talk them into doing a trace. The trace would have to start at the gun shop who probably sold it. Is the shop still in business? Have you talked to them? Jack.

If it was sold to a gun shop, it's in the system. You could call Boston ATF and see if you can sweet talk them into doing a trace. The trace would have to start at the gun shop who probably sold it. Is the shop still in business? Have you talked to them? Jack.

That's a good idea. The shop isn't in business anymore apparently I Googled the address and it looks like a private residence now.

Good luck in the hunt, 75 bucks, WOW!!
Call the ATF, they have all the serial numbers and owners in their registry.

Sarc/!

Last edited:
I'd give anything to have my Grandfather's WW2 guns. Grandma was a typical Mass liberal though and made him melt them down back in the 70s.

I hope you find it. Not sure if the ATF would cooperate unless you have a friend at the bureau.

Back
Top Bottom