• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help Needed Identifying these Marlin 9 / S&W 9MM (59/69) Magazines

I am currently in possession of my Dads Marlin Model 9.
I learned that its magazine is interchangeable with Third Generation 9mm Smith & Wesson Magazines,

He has three Magazines,

• The Original Marlin 12 Round (the top in the Picture)
  • A 10 Round S&W Model 59/69 Mag but I don’t know who makes it (pictured Second)
  • and a S&W 30 Round Mag, the Sticker says “S&W 9MM 30RND EXC40”

I know that neither made is actually manufactured by Smith & Wesson,

I have been able to determine the 30 is not made by promag or HICAP I can find picutres of this mag online but I hven been able to figure out the manufacture and try and put a date on it.

And I know the 10 is not a Mec-Gar, and I would like to know the manufacturer.

And what is EXC40? The only other mags I have seen like it also say EXC82

9MM Magazines1.jpg 9MM Magazines2.jpg

If the 10-round was an Eagle it would be marked on the bottom of the base plate. Another way to know if you have an Eagle mag is if it doesn't feed rounds for shit. They suck. I have three Eagle 10-round mags and they're terrible.

Mec-Gar mags are marked on the side. Promags are the same, IIRC. I can't remember if Triple K mags for the S&W are marked and I've never owned one.

And that plastic piece on the bottom doesn't look like any of those anyway.

I have a shitload of S&W third gen stuff around here. I'll look through my pile of mags but it's doubtful I have one like that.

If you buy any more mags for your Camp 9, stick to Mec-Gar or S&W.

That 10 round mag in the middle looks like a Ruger factory mag for a P85 or P89, not a S&W. The hole in the front of the mag for the mag catch is all wrong for it to be a 59 series S&W but is used in the Ruger P85/89 series.

If the 10-round was an Eagle it would be marked on the bottom of the base plate. Another way to know if you have an Eagle mag is if it doesn't feed rounds for shit. They suck. I have three Eagle 10-round mags and they're terrible.

Mec-Gar mags are marked on the side. Promags are the same, IIRC. I can't remember if Triple K mags for the S&W are marked and I've never owned one.

And that plastic piece on the bottom doesn't look like any of those anyway.

I have a shitload of S&W third gen stuff around here. I'll look through my pile of mags but it's doubtful I have one like that.

If you buy any more mags for your Camp 9, stick to Mec-Gar or S&W.

I didnt see any markings at all. on either of them.

That 10 round mag in the middle looks like a Ruger factory mag for a P85 or P89, not a S&W. The hole in the front of the mag for the mag catch is all wrong for it to be a 59 series S&W but is used in the Ruger P85/89 series.

Thats Very Possible He does have a P85 but the Mags were all together with the Rifles so i "assumed"

Thanks Guys

Back
Top Bottom