• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help naming new business

Tommy Gun

NES Life Member
NES Member
I decided to try and open a FFL in my town and have been in many discussions and think I may have found a place to lease. It will be slow going but I will have access to a full machine shop, I hope, and will try for an 07 FFL with SOT.

I had an 01 FFL many years ago and it was called Tom's Sport. I could stick with that but lets see what you guys and gals can come up with.

My initials are TAD and I was thinking:
T&A Designs, my wife said no. If anyone has a good idea and let me know. You may win an awesome prize.

Wish me luck.

Tommy

Simple man: Tommy's Gun Shop or TommyGuns

(yanici beat me to it lol)

As already noted also above by Bill Katt since your initials are TAD maybe:
The Armory Depot or The Armourer Depot

That way when you said to your wife/boss/etc I am going to the Depot to buy a couple things they wont even question you haha

Last edited:
Tommy's Survivalist Depot: Purveyors of Paranoia

(That was media sarcasm btw)

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

I like Tommy's Guns, but you could go with Tom's Tactical, Tactical Armament Devices, TAD's Poles, if you make DDs could be Toms Bombs. I think too many gun shops have stupid, intimidating, or non memorable names or confusing names that makes me unsure they are even a gun shop.

My vote goes with Tommy's Guns.

Mike

Avoid using a personal name, it makes it hard to sell the business later on.

Acme Firearms?

Allied Firearms?

Ye Olde Gunsmith

Guns R Us

"Toys R Us" has been known to file cease and desist orders/lawsuits against business and website owners for infringing on their trademark.

Edit to add... IIRC, they might have gone after the "We Are Guns" owner that Drgrant mentioned, but he prevailed because the name was dissimilar enough.

Double edit...

NES thread on Richard Feinburg/"Guns Are Us"...

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/22176-Richard-Feinberg-goes-to-jail

Ruling on Toys R Us v. Feinburg/Guns Are Us...
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/property/domain/toys.html

Last edited:
Mr Weebles must know me because he nailed it. [rofl]

I could use Acme and get a bigger dog. [smile] No I wouldn't do that.

It may be non descript, it's for the sheeple in town. My town turned down one company because they used a small amout of anti-freeze in the production of whatever they make. Someones dog could drink it.[shocked] Don't worry about all the cars and trucks in town.

Tom's Candy Shop

Where are you opening?

Groveland

Black Jacket

2nd Amendment Armament and Sport or just Amendment Armament (A.A.) !

At least with "A.A." you would be first in any listing. Even "2nd A.A", would get you first place.

Tom's Tactical Toys (Slogan: For dads with pretty daughters)

Do some Google search's too to find a unique name. I hate looking up a gun shop and have to fudge through 7 sites around the country with the same name.

Back
Top Bottom