• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HELP! My Form 1 (for SBR) is approved and I'm broke! What the fook do I do!?

Mrs Edna Wilson called me to let me know I forgot to include a copy of my LTC (DUH!). A quick scan and email later, and she has it in hand and I am good to go! About 30 days to wait for my stamp to show up with Mr Costner Postman(I hope!).

Now, moving ($$$) during Xmas session ($$$) + getting the phone call that my Form 1 is approved is not a great mix!

Besides selling myself on the street corner for some funds (last ditch, 12-21-12 effort), do I sell my budget but Chris Costa Beard tough DPMS slick side tacticooled upper to partially fund a SBR upper?!!

Or...

Do keep the budget upper, work that street corner double time and just wait until after Xmas (BAHUMBUG!) when I will be settled into the new place, recoup my savings (and sanity) and then buy the SBR upper to go along with my DPMS!?

My Dear NESers! PLEASE HELP! [smile]

Mrs Edna Wilson called me to let me know I forgot to include a copy of my LTC (DUH!). A quick scan and email later, and she has it in hand and I am good to go! About 30 days to wait for my stamp to show up with Mr Costner Postman(I hope!).

snip...

I did the same thing. Really ticked me off as there was no hint of it in the instruction set, or the guide on NES. I sent my documents express to her, and she received them a day later [11/7]. She quoted me a 30 day approval...still waiting on that, NFA office said *probably* by January when I called the other day.

Make sure your lower is engraved before you get the stamp...I sent mine to Ident Marking, great folks there.

I assume you're doing a SBR AR15 5.56/.223? What barrel length are you interested in? I ended up going with a 10.5". You can get a decent upper for around the 450$ range. If that is to tight, just get the barrel like was suggested before.

I did mine the tricky way though. Purchased the upper when I sent in the stamp, and have it at my cousins house so there is no *constructive possession*

Great I sent in all my paper work but never read anything about sending my a copy of my LTC ??? dam will they reject it all and send it back now or will I get a call \ email ??? dam [thinking]

You will get a phone call regarding your missing information...5 Months later.

Are you a wizard? because I sent my documents in on June 28th lol. 5 months later, I get the missing LTC copy phone call. [rofl]

As for Mrs Wilson and my missing LTC...She had no problem with me emailing a digital copy of my LTC. I called her back to follow up and she had received it and my tax stamp was pretty much on its way. When I asked how long, she joked if I had a sense of humor and said 6 months (probably not fair from the truth! lol). Then she said 30 days. We will see!

As for the SBR upper....at first the idea of swapping the barrel out wasn't something I was feeling...I wanted to stray away from the whole budget buy and get something more field tested and such (maybe BCM) but the more I think of it, it would be an interesting learning experience (as I have built my ARs from bottom up, but with the upper, I always bought it complete).

I wanted to go as short as I can with my carbine set up, which would be 10.3 or so? Would be killer to go all the way down to pistol length but not sure about the reliability at that length; plus I would just end up buying a whole upper if I was going that route, bypassing the hand's on learning experience with a barrel swap.

Great I sent in all my paper work but never read anything about sending my a copy of my LTC ??? dam will they reject it all and send it back now or will I get a call \ email ??? dam [thinking]

They didn't reject my form. She said my Form was on the money, only missing the LTC copy, which did not impede the process (according to her at least). It is a hindrance that there is NO mention of including a copy of your Class A. It would probably expedite the process a bit more without bullshit rejection issues.

Last edited:
And that is good for only one SBR or ALL of your SBR's?

One tax stamp ($200) per one registered item. I registered my Aero Precision lower on the Form 1 so I can swap out whatever upper receivers I choose to.

- - - Updated - - -

The world is ending anyway, just put it on credit. [laugh]

What was I thinking to actually care about not spending over my means![smile]

Dam [sad] glad I am not in a hurry [thinking]

Never noticed any where I looked you had to include your LTC my bad .

I never noticed anything about needing to send verification of an LTC as well. That was the first thing I said to her.

I don't believe my documents were put aside because of the LTC copy missing. According to her, she was finishing up my processing but needed the LTC to finalize it.

I never noticed anything about needing to send verification of an LTC as well. That was the first thing I said to her.

I don't believe my documents were put aside because of the LTC copy missing. According to her, she was finishing up my processing but needed the LTC to finalize it.

Thanks , thought I was loosing my mind more than usual. [thinking]

I think the OP needs to ease off the coffee or other stimulant. Working the street corner and selling of assets so you have the funds to complete a NFA transaction? Seems that a NFA item should not be a priority for you right now.

Franco, what do you mean? New toys are always a top priority. [wink]

I have three separate budgets for this hobby..Ammo, Additional Gear [Firearms/accessories/etc], NFA. Otherwise I would go broke instantly. It's already bad enough Spikes now allows orders to be placed and payment when shipped [smile]

I think the OP needs to ease off the coffee or other stimulant. Working the street corner and selling of assets so you have the funds to complete a NFA transaction? Seems that a NFA item should not be a priority for you right now.

Nothing wrong with working the street corner. It is the world's oldest profession you know ;)

I wasn't taking myself seriously in the OP. "Chris Costa Beard Tough"? Come on now. Lol. Maybe it was a poor attempt at forum joking.

Selling off my budget upper is not a big deal. I am not in the poor house or anything. Was just being overly dramatic for effect. Lol.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom