• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me understand Maura's 7/20/2016 ban on "Assault" weapon

Here, I corrected the date [cheers]

So basically her problem (among many others, but in regards to this directive) is particularly with older "assault" weapons (AR-15, AK47, etc)? A Tavor, in the same exact caliber, that fires the same number of rounds (if you follow the magazine restriction) is perfectly fine because of it looks? It doesn't look scary like the infamous AR-15?
The AWB banned a few rifles by name (such as the Colt AR-15) in addition to requiring a features test. In response, companies in the industry produced "MA Compliant" rifles that were basically interchangeable with the rifles that were banned by name (ex: S&W M&P 15 Sport).

Maura's edict purports to extend the named-rifle ban to any rifles with lowers that are interchangeable with the named rifles. The reason she didn't go further or attempt to ban other rifles like the Tavor is because she would have been slapped down by the courts much sooner if she did.

How she did this and got away with it I just can't understand.

Just ignore it. It is not a law.

It's called liberal democrat anti gun Mass gov't. Jack.

Exactly. I'd also like to see her announce that she is going to make her phony BS edict retroactive to 1994 or 1998, as she threatened. To announce it now would make her look even more stupid and that much harder for her to enforce this nonsense.

2016. I remember the day. I even have a couple of t shirts from here commemorating the day.
I don't have any T-shirts commemorating the day.[angry]
I have an AR-15 commemorating the day.
(Not interested in a swap).
Someone needs to market the .223 cartridge under a brand name of ".22lr". Then EVERY AR is a .22.
In college, the only pets allowed in dorm rooms were "fish, in aquaria".
So some guy named Sam named his cat "Fish",
and named his dorm room, "The Aquarium".

Worked for him.

When her crap makes it to the SCOTUS and gets shot down, can you imagine the lawsuit from the combined gun dealers of Ma, expecting to be reimbursed for projected lost revenues, from lost AR sales, for several years. Bend over Massachusetts. You'll be giving lottery revenues to Ma. gun dealers to pay for their losses, that you allowed Healy to impose.

Help me understand Maura's 7/20/2016 ban on "Assault" weapon

huge_blackboard.jpg

Here, I corrected the date [cheers]

So basically her problem (among many others, but in regards to this directive) is particularly with older "assault" weapons (AR-15, AK47, etc)? A Tavor, in the same exact caliber, that fires the same number of rounds (if you follow the magazine restriction) is perfectly fine because of it looks? It doesn't look scary like the infamous AR-15?
Same thing with a Mini 14....

The edict is not law. It is a reinterpretation of what all 50 states and the fed agreed with and understood since 1994. All of a sudden they are all wrong and Maura is our savior.

There’s also nothing in the edict that said it had to be lawfully possessed “in MA”.

Buy, sell, trade and move on.

When her crap makes it to the SCOTUS and gets shot down, can you imagine the lawsuit from the combined gun dealers of Ma, expecting to be reimbursed for projected lost revenues, from lost AR sales, for several years. Bend over Massachusetts. You'll be giving lottery revenues to Ma. gun dealers to pay for their losses, that you allowed Healy to impose.

I predict this will not happen (but please keep trying anyway... we might get lucky). Someone has to first bring up the case, somehow. By getting caught with an illegal-by-edict gun and then prosecuted? Maybe a legal expert could suggest other ways. Then it somehow has to get through the MA courts to make it to the supreme court.... I can predict what side the MA courts will take.

How she did this and got away with it I just can't understand.

Unfortunately, the left has recently figured out how to deal with pesky stuff like "law", etc. that they don't like. They simply ignore it. After all, getting caught has no consequences. Should a court slap them, they can ignore the court ruling too and just carry on. If they get slapped again, ignore that too. No "public official" is ever jailed, fired or punished in any way. So, they have very little incentive to obey laws and procedures, etc. on how to do things. They just need enough people around them to think like them.

I predict this will not happen (but please keep trying anyway... we might get lucky). Someone has to first bring up the case, somehow. By getting caught with an illegal-by-edict gun and then prosecuted? Maybe a legal expert could suggest other ways. Then it somehow has to get through the MA courts to make it to the supreme court.... I can predict what side the MA courts will take.

I'm pretty sure the case for AR dealer sales is already in the system. If and when the SCOTUS hears this case and rules against the Ma., A.G. on it, I doubt that even healy would defy the supreme court ruling against her.

That's the point. She has no intention of prosecuting anyone over her BS edict, including any FFLs, because she doesn't want to chance it going to court, which is why everyone should just ignore it.

BTW, the case is proceeding through the federal district court under NSSF vs AGO.

NSSF filed vs AGO!

No guarantee it makes it to SCOTUS. But the Gun Gods have shined on Commiefornia so hopefully they will shine on us.

I'm pretty sure the case for AR dealer sales is already in the system. If and when the SCOTUS hears this case and rules against the Ma., A.G. on it, I doubt that even healy would defy the supreme court ruling against her.
Something tells me that carpet munching activist Fraud would tell SCOTUS to screw and do whatever she wants. She is blinded by the Rainbows!

Exactly!!! Someone has to get caught and prosecuted. The judge ruling on her behalf last year said the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom