Help me spend my money

Spend my money... LOL

• 22 Pistol

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Reloading Setup

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters
the other thing to keep in mind is that with the Bass Pro Gift Cards, my money goes farther on the reloading stuff rather than the firearm since I don't get any discounts on firearms and their guns are generally on the overpriced side anyway.

Yeah if it is buying only as Bass Pro that kills a lot of attractive gun deals, along with finding anything specific used.

the other thing to keep in mind is that with the Bass Pro Gift Cards, my money goes farther on the reloading stuff rather than the firearm since I don't get any discounts on firearms and their guns are generally on the overpriced side anyway.

Sounds like you answered your own question. Happy reloading!

Buy a bunch of .22 ammo (and any other calibers you need) with the giftcards. Then shop around for a decent pistol, used or new.

If not that then the pistol. I get the feeling that you may not have the ambition to reload just yet.

Last edited:
Advise is free so take it for what it's worth.
A reloading setup may be a wise investment for the future.
Even if you don't do much more than dabble and get educated on the basics now, a few years down the line you might be glad you have the supplies and know how.
also unlike ammo reloading equipment last almost for ever....

From the first great primer shortage:

Gunshop shopper: I'll take the Win Small Pistol primers
Employee: How many?
Shopper: Did I mention a number? I said I'll take the primers. That means all you have on the shelf plus any stashed away in the back room

Naturally, this was right after word went out on NES and the shop didn't have a clue about the shortage so they thought it was strange as they filled shopping bags with boxes of primers (dang, they had uncased them all).

Off topic but useful: Netflix now has Tremors 1 through 5.

You think you would be reloading only to save money. Once you start, you will find that tuning a load to your rifle is really a lot of fun. Reloading makes a huge variety of bullets available that you can't find in factory ammo. You will be able to make your currently owned rifles much more versatile. Firearms using hard to find cartridges - no longer an issue - so many more choices !!!

Reloading is for a few years down the road after you put your $400 towards a 1911 with a 22lr upper,.. Best of all worlds,..

Last edited:
The primers are the one reloading item that seems to become scare every few years or so; same with power but to a much lesser degree.
Agreed. And there are so many companies making bullets these days that I'm not overly concerned with having a huge stock of bullets on hand. I do have a good amount but I'm not going to store 10-20k of each caliber bullet on hand either...
Well I had 2k 9mm bullets on hand but now that blue bullets are 12-14 weeks behind on orders, I should have stockpiled more. Though I’ve got plenty of 9mm to last me the rest of this year and into early next year.

But many bullet companies are behind so this was a lesson learned for future planning.

Well I had 2k 9mm bullets on hand but now that blue bullets are 12-14 weeks behind on orders, I should have stockpiled more. Though I’ve got plenty of 9mm to last me the rest of this year and into early next year.

But many bullet companies are behind so this was a lesson learned for future planning.

I use Blue Bullets for my 9MM and .45ACP reloading and saw their backlog when I went to look for more .45. I expected a delay, but 3.5 months??!

I use Blue Bullets for my 9MM and .45ACP reloading and saw their backlog when I went to look for more .45. I expected a delay, but 3.5 months??!
Its all trickled down, bullet makers are probanly out of lead .
There where a few good deals on pallets of alloy early in the year.

Last edited:
I working up a .45acp round cast from high-mineral content ice. Starts out at 230 grains, but at the end of the barrel it's just vapor.
Might need to re-evaluate in January... [rofl2]

Also, considering adding a gas check...

1599244252904.png

Its all trickled down, bullet makers are probanly out of lead .

Very well could lead to innovations in other potentially non-toxic substitutes for bullet cores. Economics have a part in that too since materials costs and what the market is willing to pay opens up the use of other materials that previously would have been considered too expensive.

Right now get the 22 pistol. You will be into reloading for way over $400.00. Wait to start reloading. You will also find many of the included items as not the best products and you will find yourself replacing them very soon once you start reloading and you will also grow out of that Lee press very quickly. That is if you really start reloading and get the loading bug. If it just becomes something you do occasionally you will find you really wasted the $354.00 and lament the not purchasing the 22 pistol

Last edited:
I admire the patience you guys have to reload. The time, the equipment, the precision. I'd rather hijack an ammunition truck.

I can see the utility of both choices, however, I voted for the .22 -- I love my GP100 revolver in .22 (I'd imagine a pistol would be just as fun).

Re-loading is a commitment, and with supplies being scarce, not one I am ready to make at this time.

1599257673208.png

Get into reloading. Factory ammo needs to work in everybody's gun but you can make ammo that YOUR guns like best. You'll also never be driving around looking for ammo. I have lots of brass in 9mm and .30/06 and I picked it up off the ground at the gun club. There's no need to buy brass.

Buy a boat, go fishing. A lot more fun than putting holes in paper. You might need more than a gift card!
Get a good size inflatable on a trailer, and go explore our lakes and coastal waters. You can also bring a gun.
P1020854a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom