• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help Me Pick a CC Gun

Greetings!

I am in the market for a small concealed carry gun.

In the $500 range.

All inputs and experiences appreciated.

In MA, a Shield with a trigger job by Greg or Lou, or a PPS with a non MA bar installed.

Try both and see what you think.

I am sure if you mention what range you frequent someone would let you give what ever you are thinking of a try.

Ruger LC9! Sub $400. Or for real good summer concealment the new S&W M&P Bodyguard. Love that little firecracker and you can even hide it in your bathing suit!

What folks have said about the SR9c is all true.

I can also say that Ruger's customer support is top notch. I have close to 1,000 rounds through mine since I got it back from them without a single issue.

Outside your price range but any Glock in the G30 frame size (30s, 36, 26, 27, 29, and the new 42)
I flip between a G30 w/IWB and a Walther PPK/s pocket carry depending on the wardrobe.

If I were looking for a CCW gun it'd be a Sig 938. I got a 238 and love it, but if the 9 was out when I got the 380 then I would have gone with the 9mm.

If I were looking for a CCW gun it'd be a Sig 938. I got a 238 and love it, but if the 9 was out when I got the 380 then I would have gone with the 9mm.

Yep. My father in law got the 238 when it came out and had no idea until this past weekend when I told him that Sig made a 9mm version of the 238 that's just a tad bit bigger. He was definitely surprised and frustrated that he didn't wait a little longer.

My LCR .357 has been a great summer carry gun. I use a High Noon "Softy" at 4 o'clock and often forget it's there even when wearing shorts and a T-shirt. It also packs a hell of a wallop compared to all of the .380 purse pistols.

I'm leaning towards the S&W M&P Shield 9mm.
I'm not sure how hard they are to find. Also noticed there's a model without external safety.

My LCR .357 has been a great summer carry gun. I use a High Noon "Softy" at 4 o'clock and often forget it's there even when wearing shorts and a T-shirt. It also packs a hell of a wallop compared to all of the .380 purse pistols.

THIS! .380 purse packers are not even in the same stratoshphere as .357 mag even out of a snub. That said my EDC is the sp101 2 1/4 inch bobbed hammer with Hornady 158 grain XTP in 357 mag. IWB soft nylon holster with tshirts in the summer.......leather bianchi OWB holster in fall/winter/early spring with a sweater or jacket on to hide it a little more.

Back
Top Bottom