• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help Me Pick a CC Gun

My two cents. The S&W shield. Come with two mags one flush, one extended. very slim. I carry mine in a Buzzards Bay Kydek holster. If you get a shield get the 9mm.

Oh and you can use the 100 dollars left to buy ammo

SR9c - loved it
G19 - hated it
M&P 40c - hated it

Now have a Walther PPS (with factory trigger-no 20lb MA pull) - really liking it so far.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

then another 100 for trigger job

I'd upgrade the sights too. but that's just my opinion

exactly why I sold my shield after buying it... realized holster, trigger job, sights, more than I wanted to invest in something that I wouldn't carry much compared to my sig 239

I love my Kahr PM9. super small and concealable...a bit out of your price range at least for the MA version...limited round capacity kind of sucks too.

I alternate between that and my G30. G30 is a chunky gun but hides no prob under an untucked button down shirt in an MTAC holster. 10+1 of .45acp ain't bad either.

Where are you carrying and what will you most likely be wearing when you carry? Guns become more like clothes for me - Bodyguard pocket carry for when I'm in pressed slacks and a shirt (that's every day for work), G19 3 seasons of the year and shield in summer time.

Also, there's a whole bunch of different ways to conceal, maybe give some thought to what you might find most comfortable. For me, I wear a crossbreed with both the G19 or shield, i tuck in a light, oversized synthetic sports shirt in to my belt and crossbreed, over the gun and can basically wear any tshirt or shirt over that I want. Usually a tshirt and maybe an open buttoned shirt over that. I like having the tucked layer underneath, because when I reach for things at the grocery store or have to tie my shoes in a crowd or god forbid try and scratch that one part of my back where I can only get to it with my gun side arm, even if my cover garment pops up, the gun is ALWAYS well covered.

The light fabric doesn't catch and provides no noticeable difference in my draw stroke.

For me, a G19 or even a shield is too big to conceal with wool dress slacks and a shirt. I'm always on the move and I've experienced printing with pressed shirts as the day where's on. That's when I pocket carry.

I would say something to consider is where and how you will be doing the most of your carrying. Would I recommend a .380 for a first gun? Hell no. But I'll tell you that because I'm working 60-70 hours a week sometimes in dress slacks, that's the gun I carry the most. And thats 60-70 hours a week I wouldn't be carrying if I didn't have a piece to reliably conceal with that attire on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sr9c or gtfo. You will never hear a negative thing about this gun. It does everything.

I like my SR9C too, but there is a slight negative. Myself and 3 other people I know have all had issues with the slide lock spring coming undone from its retaining tab. Mine failed within 400 rounds. I watched a friend of mine have a failure at 37 rounds - new out of the box.

Go to the Ruger forum and see how many others have the same issue. The spring comes undone, the slide locks back, and you have to clear the gun to get the slide to close. Some folks try to reload and fire another round, and find the trigger is tough to pull - the spring has fallen down into the trigger mechanism and creates a jam. The fixed version has what looks to be a slightly thicker spring diameter, and more crimp on the retaining tab.

Once it went back to the factory and was fixed, it runs great, but it is a concern. My wife is waiting for hers to fail, and I pray not when she really needs it.

I will agree with others, the trigger is very good out of the box.

I love my Kahr PM9. super small and concealable...a bit out of your price range at least for the MA version...limited round capacity kind of sucks too.

I alternate between that and my G30. G30 is a chunky gun but hides no prob under an untucked button down shirt in an MTAC holster. 10+1 of .45acp ain't bad either.

Agree with Battlesnail. Love my PM9, fits anywhere and a very, very accurate "pocket" 9mm. I run mine with night sights and a CT laser in front of the trigger guard.

It really depends on what your level of experience, job, environment is like.
I have several semi-automatic guns, nonetheless, my favorite carry weapon is the Ruger LCR. When it comes down to business, I know that it will be there, and do the job. No worries about racking, misfires or anything else. You have it with you, and if you have to, you pill the trigger, it fires ! No questions about it.
Now if you are a professional who is encountering situations where you have to pull your gun more that the one - in - a - million proabability than of us regular mortals, then I would go with a Sig 938, perhaps it is because I love Sigs, and trust in them
just my 2 c.
When I am there in the boonies, and sleep with my gun, I keep my LCR with me,. The Sig 226 and other guns are locked away.
Frankly, I don't know what state of mind I would be when I realize that I need a gun. So, just Keep it Simple is my solution

No pre ban mags, that's why I sold mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tumblr_mw6hasJHFu1s7asggo1_400.gif

Any one that feels good in your hand that comes with a written warranty and no restrictions for +p

Back
Top Bottom