• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me ID this thing!

Hello NES,

I recently came across this interesting little pocket knife/gun. It's got a folding blade (not shown) and fires a 22 short from an flip out chamber. The strange thing is the total lack of markings, no serial number or makers marks, just the number 93 stuck on one side. It looks similar to the U.S. Small Arms Co knife gun but is more cigar shaped with a much shorter chamber and lacks the markings. Anyone have any ideas as to who made this/ how old it is?

20171216_141151.jpg 20171216_141202.jpg

Thanks for your responses guys, it does look similar to the "Defender" but has more screws, no marking on the blade and a very different trigger handle. Is it possible someone whipped this up in their metal shop? As far as its grouping goes, we've only put a pair of blanks through it and it took several trigger squeezes before it decided to fired. It actually scared the crap out of us because we had just about given up trying! Surprisingly loud and made a nice little flash :D

This type of inquiry begs for the involvement of your eyeballs... With it in hand, go to images.google.com and search for "pocket knife pistol" ".22 knife" "pistol knife" etc (with and without the quotes) and eyeball the pictures. Your eyes will get you an answer much faster than trying to read thru linked websites in google results!

Jtnf, I googled till my eyes glazed over and never found anything that was an exact match. Screws where always way different and the other knife always had markings that simply are not present here. I turned to NES hoping that someone might recognize it.

Pupchow, you may be right, could be a knock off, or an original that has some parts lost or replaced.

I guess the next step would be to locate a book of similar pistols and see if it shows up somewhere.

Thanks again guys.

Back
Top Bottom