• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me ID this bayonet

My wife's grand father passed away in September. A wwII veteran, he left me this. Can you tell me something about it. If it is what I think I'll tell you the story he told me, I don't want to assume nothing. Thanks in advance.

20131222_210855.jpg

Thank you for the info gentleman.
After my wife's grand father passed, his kids and grand kids ransacked the house looking for anything of value. I was told by him wile he was a life that the bayonet was for me, the day he was gone . His son and daughter laughed at me for wanting this rusty piece of metal, so I got to keep it. Charlie never talked much about the war, he enlisted before finishing high school and ended up on D day invasion. One day he told me that he had been injured in combat where he killed a German soldier that had staved him in the arm. He took the bayonet and brought it home. So that is how I ended up with it, and to me is priceless. R. I. P. Charlie

Back
Top Bottom