Help me find new grips for my 1911.

If you would like a set with any type of logo you might take a look at Ron @ RMH. They aren't inexpensive. He is a member here but is more receptive on 1911forum. Good luck.

http://rmhknives.com/pages/grips.htm

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=459452&page=15

Wanted to follow up on this. Ron replied right away to my inquiry. Unfortunately, his reply was that they are not accepting new orders right now with current lead times being about a year. He gave me the option of either checking back at a a later date, or being added to a waiting list.

Being that I am not in a huge rush, and the idea is for the firearm to become an heirloom, I asked to be added to the waiting list and offered to send a deposit to secure my spot.
Yeah, it would be nice to have them sooner, but nice things take time and cost money. I am thinking that with some time to set a few bucks aside for this project, I will ask him to make a custom blade to compliment the 1911.
Hopefully, my great grandson will appreciate both the custom knife and 1911 in a hundred years or so.

Definitely consider LOK grips. The owner Jayson is great to work with. I have decent sized hands and prefer thicker 1911 grips so I had him make me some of his blue FAT checkered grips for my Dan Wesson Pointman 9. I forget the exact thickness but they're thicker than standard 1911 grips. Also had him make the extreme thumb relief.

He can do just about anything you want. If you want logos or other custom wording on the grips, he can do it.
4aac88a7296355889d97e3e592499359.png
I liked the looks of these grips so much, I got a set. Same color too. I love the blue.....

I liked the looks of these grips so much, I got a set. Same color too. I love the blue.....

Yeah the LOK grips really are eye catching. It is a small Michigan based company and I am glad to see they are developing a following.

This photo is my SIG Stainless Match Elite with LOK Spec Ops grips in G-Wood which is a laminate of wood and G10.

L5UahY7.jpg

This second photo is my Sig P238 Equinox with LOK orange and black Checkered CC grips.

2e2KeLa.jpg

Wanted to follow up on this. Ron replied right away to my inquiry. Unfortunately, his reply was that they are not accepting new orders right now with current lead times being about a year. He gave me the option of either checking back at a a later date, or being added to a waiting list.

Being that I am not in a huge rush, and the idea is for the firearm to become an heirloom, I asked to be added to the waiting list and offered to send a deposit to secure my spot.
Yeah, it would be nice to have them sooner, but nice things take time and cost money. I am thinking that with some time to set a few bucks aside for this project, I will ask him to make a custom blade to compliment the 1911.
Hopefully, my great grandson will appreciate both the custom knife and 1911 in a hundred years or so.

I just spoke with Ron. This summer he was only a couple months out on orders . Then a couple of months ago he started getting slammed with orders[wink].

Do we have a large group of closeted 1911-lovers?!
[rofl][laugh2]

When I asked him about a second, matching set, he mentioned he will be getting back to knives. That is what I want them for - a set.

NES was one of his first forum homes but he, obviously, deals more with 1911's and such. He is local and been here since early 2014.
Ron's early thread:
https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/244657-Custom-CNC-Grips?highlight=rmh

Back
Top Bottom