Help me find an SKS

I'm thinking about picking up an SKS this weekend. A localshop has a few (maybe 5) that caught my eye, but was curious if there are any shops within say 50 miles of central Mass that have a decent selection.

when i want selection i go to gunbroker.com
it's slow and tedeious but if you do your do diligence shouldn't be a problem.
i found pristine russian sks for around $300

Last edited:
I'm selling a mint one to an NESr tomorrow. Classifieds are your friend. [wink]

This.

It's sad that not even SKS' are being spared from all the retard panic buyers. I am looking to buy my second one, a Norinco, but now isn't the time. Check the classifieds, I see them at least once a week. They are awesome rifles!

I would really like one, but I don't have anything else in 762x39 and ammo prices and shortages for 556 and x39 are not looking good for a long while

I'm selling a mint one to an NESr tomorrow. Classifieds are your friend. [wink]

it better be the chinese one and not a russian or Neg reps inbound for not contacting me! [laugh] (joking)

Although closed through the holidays, collectable arms and ammo in Merrimak NH had a few. IF you have a C&R, there is at least one place selling M59 yugos.

As stated, Gun broker is also a good place with patience. if the price gets too high,walk away and wait the next one.

You did not say what kind? Yugo, russian, chinese, romanian , Albanian? we could do an entire thread on the merits of each.

Good luck, you can never have too many SKSs ( I tell my wife, they are like shoes and she gets it)

it better be the chinese one and not a russian or Neg reps inbound for not contacting me! [laugh] (joking)

Although closed through the holidays, collectable arms and ammo in Merrimak NH had a few. IF you have a C&R, there is at least one place selling M59 yugos.

As stated, Gun broker is also a good place with patience. if the price gets too high,walk away and wait the next one.

You did not say what kind? Yugo, russian, chinese, romanian , Albanian? we could do an entire thread on the merits of each.

Good luck, you can never have too many SKSs ( I tell my wife, they are like shoes and she gets it)

I have no idea what country of origin, Ray sent me a link a while back that was a wealth of information but I'm still undecided.

I picked up a Chinese SKS last Friday at Zero Hour Arms in Easton for $325, they had 4-5 others as well. One was very odd, Not a chinese one but it had a Bakelite stock, that they were asking $450 for.I'm very happy with mine, now that I've got all the cosmoline off. It was caked in it.

Back
Top Bottom