• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me decide!

You know what. I looked at the VHS and fingerbanged it at white birch armory, about 3 months ago. It’s heavy, and the ergos aren’t great. It’s a bullpup, so reloads are slow. It actually does nothing a 14.7” AR doesn’t do just as well. After handling it, I just took it of my wish list.
I agree. Not my thing but a friend is interested because he’s a lefty and it’s fully ambidextrous.

So my current experience is pretty much all various 9mm pistols or 44Mag pistol and rifle. I reload both 9 & 44M.

I'm trying to decide 'what next'.

I'm completely undecided if should get something like the Ruger PC Carbine (9mm) or some variation (SBR, bullpup, carbine, etc)
like Ruger, KrissVector, 'Other', MP5 clones, etc which is of course more $$. I'd prefer to keep it to some pistol caliber instead of jumping to
223 or so. This is for home & range, NO real world hunting of 4legged critters ;) )

Please compare, contrast, discuss choices
My vote, if portability and fun is part of the criteria .... a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in 9mm.

IMHO PCCs are just plinkers. Unless you plan to compete with it I can't see spending a ton on one. I love my Ruger PC 9, my # 1 or 2 favorite plinkers in the safe. Fun and cheap to shoot with no issues so far, although I have done a few of the M-carbo upgrades and added a Sig romeo for older eyes.

I made a derogatory statement about the Hi-Point 9 the last time I was in my local shop and the owner quickly and completely disagreed. Thay are short money so maybe worth investigating.

You could buy that new Henry PCC and give us a full report.

Cool factor is with a Henry lever action.

Or if you don't mind buying another set of dies and want to add some real diversity to your armory look for a S&W 686 with a 4" barrel

Just found out about this:

Henry lever 44.
Henry lever 357 if you want a new caliber.
I don't know of any 9mm lever or pump rifles, but I bet the first one who comes out with one will have a winner.

Semi auto 9mm:

For something different, you could get the Kel-Tec one that folds, and have it in a magazine that is compatible with whatever pistol you use.
Wish they would bring these back out again!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAHbidXJqXA

Ha ha. Saw these, and was going to say there is a new Henry that takes this place, but I already did, 2 posts up!

Back
Top Bottom