• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me decide which 9mm to get

Went with the 320c over the vp9 when it first became available in Ma and have about 500 down the pipe. Great gun! A pleasure to shoot and very accurate. My FS M&P9 quickly found a new home. Also, Grayguns sells a nice trigger kit if you feel the need.

I've got the Glock 19 and 17 and want to get into another 9mm, trying to decide between the HK VP9 or the Sig P320. Only Sig I've ever fired was a LE Sig 40 and the trigger pull sucked, I've never fired a HK before so nothing to really go by other than online reviews so figured I'd ask here. All my handguns are in the same category, Carry, Range, HD etc.. I shoot my guns and rotate them in what I carry as well. Thanks in advance
I just purchased the Sig 320C but read an article on the VP9 and the author raved about it.

Owned both and ended up selling the VP9. Every time I shoot the 320C it puts a smile on my face. I have had a bunch of Sig's and this one is one of my favorites.

I say try both and see which is the more comfortable.

^^^this...i have shot both but not back to back...i liked them both...the vp9 mag release is a little weird but i found it accurate...the 320 was nice and the interchangeable frames are a nice feature but i found it a little wide...i don't think you could go wrong with either...as others have said the canik should be on the list as well for price and what seems to be good reliability thus far

Neither. Buy a STI Edge.

I'm a Glock guy. I've shot plenty of P320s and while the trigger is nice and the modular concept is nifty, they just feel tall in my hand compared to the Glock. I doubt I'll ever buy one.

Can't help you on the VP9 at all. It looks like a Walther P22 -- that's all I've got [laugh]

It was better the way I wrote it. LOL

For the OP - I'm so Glock-centric that owning a non-Glock striker-fired pistol is just too strange to me. The Glock is not the most comfortable pistol, but after about 20 years, I'm sorta stuck with it, mentally. I have confidence that bullets are going where I told them to with the platform. Other ones, my brain gets in the way and I just can't get a "feel" for the grip. Confidence drops. :(

Buy what you want/like. Screw all of us. Your subconscious is likely just mining NES for posts that confirm what you already want to do, so you are good to go either way. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Neither. Buy a STI Edge.

I'm a Glock guy. I've shot plenty of P320s and while the trigger is nice and the modular concept is nifty, they just feel tall in my hand compared to the Glock. I doubt I'll ever buy one.

Can't help you on the VP9 at all. It looks like a Walther P22 -- that's all I've got [laugh]

YES!

All Sig's feel tall in the hand. High bore axis. Not that it's "bad" but it feels and looks funny.

But there is something to be said of Dana Scully wandering around some abandoned warehouse holding a 239. That has to be over 15 years ago. LOL

I've got the Glock 19 and 17 and want to get into another 9mm, trying to decide between the ---->HK VP9 or the Sig P320.<--- Only Sig I've ever fired was a LE Sig 40 and the trigger pull sucked, I've never fired a HK before so nothing to really go by other than online reviews so figured I'd ask here. All my handguns are in the same category, Carry, Range, HD etc.. I shoot my guns and rotate them in what I carry as well. Thanks in advance

[banghead]

Back
Top Bottom