• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me decide please

Independence Arms

Instructor
I have an option between a Walther PPS9, and a GEN3 Glock 26.

Please chime in if you have experience with both please! I can't decide which way to go right now.

Please don't say to buy both, cuz I just might!!!!

Last edited:
Both.

[smile]

Seriously, when I was first looking at a nine I bought a G19 and a Walther P99. Liked both but decided the Glock was better for me so I went with that and sold the Walther.

Your mileage may vary. Try them both if possible.

The Glock feels better in my hand, the PPS had a grip that was a bit to thin for me and the gun would move a bit during the trigger pull. To be fair I am talking about going from one gun to the other, if I shot the PPS as much as I did my Glocks it would most likely have gotten better. For trigger weight it is no contest, Glock hands down. The width of the trigger on the PPS was thin and bothered my trigger finger after a couple of boxes, more of a sharper, narrow radius on the front of the trigger that made it feel like the pressure was concentrated on a narrow strip of my finger. Both guns ran/run great with no jams of any kind (IME), the PPS is thinner and easier to carry. As you can tell I prefer the Glock but you should shoot both before buying, you might be a PPS guy. Oh, I almost forgot......get both!

I'm partial to the glock as well. Feels better in the hand than the PPS but YMMV. Both are very easy to conceal. I agree with jimlp that the glock trigger feels better and you can fit more rounds in the magazine with the G26. I'd go glock. Good luck.

I debated a Walther PPS for a while.
Horrible trigger (if MA trigger) and also doubtful of Walther quality.

I have a Glock 26. I don't have a PPS.
They are different though. The PPS is thinner and lighter.

Andy,

I thought long and hard about my next handgun...I decided on the G26...I'm picking it up tomorrow....It has night sites and the extenders on the mags (not the extra 2 rounder). If you would like to try it out, PM me...But I would recommend The Glock. I also have a Glock 17C which is the balls. [thumbsup]

BTW: What's up with the new avatar?

I have the 26 and my brother has the PPS. My opinion is that the Glock is easier to shoot than the PPS is, though the PPS is better size wise.

When/if it ever came down to using a firearm for self defense I want to have a gun that I am confident in shooting, given the degradation of skill in a high stress situation.

Both are decent guns but I wouldn't touch an MA SKU'ed PPS with a 49.5 foot pole because of the gay trigger, unless I had someone lined up to fix it, or someone had repaired it already. From what I've seen of it, breaking that gun down to the level required to do the work is kind of a pain in the ass.

-Mike

The MA trigger does suck. I just switched mine out this week.

I used the pictures and text found in the PPS experience thread. While it was a incredible pain in the ass, it was doable.

I would not recommend it to faint of heart though.

Both are decent guns but I wouldn't touch an MA SKU'ed PPS with a 49.5 foot pole because of the gay trigger, unless I had someone lined up to fix it, or someone had repaired it already. From what I've seen of it, breaking that gun down to the level required to do the work is kind of a pain in the ass.

-Mike

I have enough glocks that the shouldn't get too mad.
As for backing out, even if I thought it through, and wanted to. One thing I will never do is make arrangements, and tell the seller "I'll take it" and then back out!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom