Help me choose my new rifle

odakp.jpg

1q.jpg

Hmmm.... I dont know..... The AK is a lot cheaper to shoot.... the AR can shoot further but I never shoot that far anymore....

Leaning towards the AK these days.

There really is no argument. If you have common sense and a respect of your money and a grip on reality, the answer is simple if you have a budget.

If you are spending as much on a cheap AK on a AR-15, go with the AK- it won't piss you off and make you regret spending jack shit on a jack shit rifle.

If you are spending as much on a nice AR-15 on a AK, you are dumb as hell: you're either getting the wool pulled over you eyes by a fear monger, or you're getting the wool pulled over your eyes by a "collector" who is selling you a "HYPER rare AKM" in the United States of America... a bastardized version of the $40 variant in the real world.

simplified: if you don't have money, buy a AK and you'll get the best bang for your buck. Shooting mass quantity wise. And reliability wise.

If you have money to burn: buy a AR. Spend it on hardware so you don't have a crap AR that barfs crap ammo. Because you are now married to buying good ammo. If not, then revert to option one.

There really is no argument. If you have common sense and a respect of your money and a grip on reality, the answer is simple if you have a budget.

If you are spending as much on a cheap AK on a AR-15, go with the AK- it won't piss you off and make you regret spending jack shit on a jack shit rifle.

So I take it from this post the M&P15 Sporter is no es muy bueno? That is what I was concerned about, it being so cheapened down it becomes difficult to enjoy. This really answered my original post. Thanks buddy

So I take it from this post the M&P15 Sporter is no es muy bueno? That is what I was concerned about, it being so cheapened down it becomes difficult to enjoy. This really answered my original post. Thanks buddy

an M&P AR is about the only AR I'd take for low coin unless you found something ridiculous for sale and the seller was taking a huge loss. It's going to carry a decent warranty and, from what I've heard (I have no personal experience) it'll eat most ammo you feed it.

So if you can find one for "AK dollars", by all means get it.

So I take it from this post the M&P15 Sporter is no es muy bueno? That is what I was concerned about, it being so cheapened down it becomes difficult to enjoy. This really answered my original post. Thanks buddy[/QUOTE

Since you have shot both guns and you don't plan on making any upgrades, at this point you are way overthinking this purchase.
Go with the one that put a bigger smile on your face.
Don't worry that the WASR-10 or the AR is going to break after a few hundred rounds and you will have wish you went with the other gun.
I guarantee after a few weeks of shooting your only rifle you are going to want to buy another gun and will end up owing both an AR or AK.
I won't be suprised to read that you went around collecting cans to fund your next purchase after all guns are addictive.

Are you short and stocky?
Like Cossack stocky?
As in you probably suffered from malnuritionment from a steady diet of watered down potato soup and weevils stocky ?
Have you, or any immediate family member, ever spent time forcibly mining diamonds in some Western African shithole?
Or laying bricks in a Gulag?
Do you refer to your native country as The Motherland?
Are you a member of some unpronounceable clan that swears fealty to a despot, dictator, or warlord?
Does your SHTF kit include flip flops and a personal floatation device?
Do you and your 13 underage burqa wearing wives sit around in your mud hut waiting for the satellite phone to ring with instructions from Ahmed to blow yourselves up when you're not busy humping goats?

If you answered yes to any of the above, then the AK is for you.

If you love Big Macs, boobies, apple pie, Jack Daniels, the Stars & Stripes, your mother, and all that is good and proper in this world, then go with the AR.

[rofl]

Hey guys,

I was shopping around for the AK today and it seems that the going price is around 600 - which seems way to high. Northshore quoted me at 595 and Four Seasons said they didn't have any and didn't know when they would be able to get one/some. Hell Powderhorn has one listed at 599 with zero wiggle room (Mark wouldn't even throw in some bullets). Is there something I am missing?

Hey guys,

I was shopping around for the AK today and it seems that the going price is around 600 - which seems way to high. Northshore quoted me at 595 and Four Seasons said they didn't have any and didn't know when they would be able to get one/some. Hell Powderhorn has one listed at 599 with zero wiggle room (Mark wouldn't even throw in some bullets). Is there something I am missing?

I'll just leave this here. [grin][wink]

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/...&cat=2&type=Rifle&cal=All&fin=&sit=&pid=&inv=

Hey guys,

Try Zero Hour in Easton. There are more AKs and black rifles at Zero Hour than any other shop I know of.

just got my 1st ar a few weeks ago & am very pleased with it. its a massified spikes mid length and appears to be very high quality for less than $1g (but had to wait months for it). my friend bought a m&p15 orc from 4seasons for $799 and it seems to be a good rifle too. he like it & it shoots well (poor trigger though). i considered an ak but cant imagine paying $500+ for one which is why i just went for the ar.

You can order one right now. Got a credit card? Go to..... http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx
Choose Brand Arsenal. Choose model you want
Pick 4 seasons or GFA Arms Tech to ship it to and you will have it in a few days. I've used Gun Genie and was very satisfied. Enjoy
This is perfect. Thank you. I may have to order one soon.

Try Zero Hour in Easton. There are more AKs and black rifles at Zero Hour than any other shop I know of.
Their website shows that they have many WASRs in their stock.

http://www.zerohourarms.com/

Hey friends,

I made my decision, I ended up buying a WASR 10. I am very happy with it. I see what people mean when they say it "looks rough around the edges" however I kind of like that. I actually like how it looks dirty and ugly.

I took it to the range and I think I got one of the good ones - no canted sights or gas tube and the firearm is surprisingly accurate. Well except it is hitting about 14 INCHES high at 100m, however there are very evident groups that cannot possibly be coincidence. I'll have to adjust the sights.

I will probably stain the stock a nice rich red or burgundy. Im pretty sure the pistol grip is plastic - that has gotta go.

Thanks for your opinions.

Gentlemen

Hey friends,

I made my decision, I ended up buying a WASR 10. I am very happy with it. I see what people mean when they say it "looks rough around the edges" however I kind of like that. I actually like how it looks dirty and ugly.

I took it to the range and I think I got one of the good ones - no canted sights or gas tube and the firearm is surprisingly accurate. Well except it is hitting about 14 INCHES high at 100m, however there are very evident groups that cannot possibly be coincidence. I'll have to adjust the sights.

I will probably stain the stock a nice rich red or burgundy. Im pretty sure the pistol grip is plastic - that has gotta go.

Thanks for your opinions.

Gentlemen

Check your cleaning kit if it came with one. There should be a notched tool for adjusting the front sight post so you can bring your shots down. Try a few 1/4 turns at a time as if you're unscrewing the post until you get it where it belongs.

http://www.ak-47.us/AK47_Parts.php#akcccc

The blade end fits inside a notch in the tube so it acts as a handle.

Last edited:
Remember that adjusting the front sight for elevation is opposite of adjusting the rear. Move tip of front sight up to lower point of impact, lower it to raise POI.

If you are spending as much on a nice AR-15 on a AK, you are dumb as hell: you're either getting the wool pulled over you eyes by a fear monger, or you're getting the wool pulled over your eyes by a "collector" who is selling you a "HYPER rare AKM" in the United States of America... a bastardized version of the $40 variant in the real world.

simplified: if you don't have money, buy a AK and you'll get the best bang for your buck. Shooting mass quantity wise. And reliability wise.

If you have money to burn: buy a AR. Spend it on hardware so you don't have a crap AR that barfs crap ammo. Because you are now married to buying good ammo. If not, then revert to option one.

Best advice so far

Back
Top Bottom