• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me choose my new carry gun: Glock 43 Vs. Sig P365 **update post 53**

Hey all,

I’m looking to buy a new carry gun. I’m going from a Smith 640 pro series revolver(lots of issues) to a small auto. I’m split on a Sig P365 vs. Glock 43. I do spend a lot of time around saltwater during the summer(fishing, crabbing..ect) so I’m unsure how the respective finishes would hold up. A long time ago I carried a Glock 33 and gave it up due to costly 357 sig. I loved that gun.

I really like my 365, but it did get a few small surgace rust spots I had to take care of. (Bought it 'NIB' used)

Sig shooter, do you know why some people drive a bmw ?
I have a BMW. And I know the answer.

So we can only use premium gas?

So we can pretend we can go 5 over without getting a ticket?

So we can need a computer workout in order to install a new battery?and make it cost 800$

So we can make an oil change cost 250$?

So we can pay $1000 on front brake pads?

f*** me

43 is my daily carry, has been for years. Got a 365 about a year ago, 500+ rounds thru it, still not as comfortable with it as my 43. 43 just sits so well with me, very natural. As much as I would like the extra rounds, staying with my 43.

43 was my carry gun but I shot terrible with it. Sold it and bought 365 - problem solved.
And it's not that I can't shoot a Glock, I have G19 and shoot perfect with it. There was something in the G43 that I could not handle.
Other than that - 6 vs 10 ;)

In the fall/winter, I carry a gen 4 Glock 23. In the spring/summer, I carry a P365. I imagine if you take care of the pistol routinely, the salt water wont be an issue.

So we can need a computer workout in order to install a new battery?and make it cost 800$

f*** me
58964CFC-384F-406E-AC57-4AB594895E69.jpeg

f*** me
Yeah but you can also feel like your entitled to every spot. Change lanes on a whim.

Drive so close the persons backup sensors engage even though your both the only 2 on the road.

Sorry, not answering your question, but I have to ask (as you mentioned it)...what was your issue with the 640?
Just... a radically different platform? ...or bad for even a revolver?
Curious..
Had some QC issues. The rear sight kept backing out under recoil, sent back to Smith to have fixed. During my last range trip, the cylinder was almost impossible to swing out and is binding. I can’t imagine having this happen during a self defense situation. Revolvers make for good range guns and are a blast. But when they do fail, it’s catastrophic. At least I can tap rack bang my way through a malfunctioning auto. In my opinion, older Smith revolvers have much better craftsmanship.

Last edited:
Had some QC issues. The rear sight kept backing out under recoil, sent back to Smith to have fixed. During my last range trip, the cylinder was almost impossible to swing out and is binding. I can’t imagine having this happen during a self defense situation. Revolvers make for good range guns and are a blast. But when they do fail, it’s catastrophic. At least I can tap rack bang my way through a malfunctioning auto. In my opinion, older Smith revolvers have much better craftsmanship.
That's pretty rough to happen to a gun named "Pro Series" (I have one, just unfired... :()

If you are worried about how they will stand up to salt water, it is a fact that the Navy Seals switched to the Glock 19 several years back.

Hey all,

I’m looking to buy a new carry gun. I’m going from a Smith 640 pro series revolver(lots of issues) to a small auto. I’m split on a Sig P365 vs. Glock 43. I do spend a lot of time around saltwater during the summer(fishing, crabbing..ect) so I’m unsure how the respective finishes would hold up. A long time ago I carried a Glock 33 and gave it up due to costly 357 sig. I loved that gun.

Not sure why you would be split, they're vastly different guns. If you're fussy about triggers the P365 wins that hands down. P365/X/XL anything also outsells pretty much
anything in a gun shop right now. (im not talking shit MA versions with safety etc just any normal variant).

You have a hard lemon there, IMHO. I had a 640 a few years ago even one of the shit lock ones and it ran like a tank

Not sure why you would be split, they're vastly different guns. If you're fussy about triggers the P365 wins that hands down. P365/X/XL anything also outsells pretty much
anything in a gun shop right now. (im not talking shit MA versions with safety etc just any normal variant).
It seems like the classifieds are loaded with people offloading G43s. Coincidence?

Glock 43:
- More comfortable to carry
- Trigger adds layer of safety

SIG Sauer P365:
- Easier to shoot
- Extra capacity (+4)

I have experience with both and switched to G43 for the two reasons above. The grip is thinner and has a less aggressive texture than the P365’s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom