• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help!! M&P Shield Supertuck holster help

I have a Shield and haven't decided on a EDC holster. I have heard great things about the Supertuck Holster and would like to check one out and see if that may be an option for me. If anyone out there (fairly close to Cape Cod) has one that I could try out I would appreciate it! A coffee on me for sure!! [wink]

Been through a few and have used a worn in crossbreed and it wasn't bad but I have been Very Happy with my Desantis Intruder for about 45.00. Nice Leather and clips to boot. well worth the $$..

There are several Crossbreed "type" holsters out there now. Why is that? Because it is a great design, that's why. Take your pick with regard to brand, but I've been completely satisfied with my CB, and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. For a gun the size of the Shield though, you may be happy with a Remora which is way cheaper than any of the CB type holsters. I use a Remora with my BG380, and it is perfect for that gun, so much so that I would never waste a dime on any other holster for that gun. I also have a Remora to fit my SR9c (which I have the CB for), and it works very well for that too, but for all day security and comfort, I prefer the CB for that gun due to its size and weight. The Remora is a great tuck and go option though. So even if you go with a CB, or a copy, consider getting a Remora as well since you may find it works well enough with your Shield as it does with my BG.

I'll say this: not all crossbreed copies are created equal.

I had a crossbreed for a 1911 I used to have. It was comfy and quickly took shape. The hardware was "meh" in my opinion. It came with a stripped screw and I didn't care for the clips. Otherwise, it was super comfy and easily formed to my hip no matter where I had the holster.

I have an Old Faithful for my shield. The leather is much thicker. It was very uncomfortable at first, took a lot of use to break in. It's comfortable now, but I still think the leather is too thick for such a small gun. I do like the clips better than the crossbreed though.

Hopefully someone will be able to show you their crossbreed so you can check it out.

of?

I wasn't happy with mine. But that's My opinion.May work for others.

The crossbreed if you add in the price for combat cut that comes standard with that AG.
I've never had a CB so can't say what's better I hope the CB is for the money, but I'm happy with the AG.

Although for the summer I've been using a little foxx that I really like

I'd like to try the onyx from stealth gear

I believe Alien Gear holsters are one of the best brands for people just getting into firearms. Their warranty and the fact that you can switch out the plastic shell if you change your carry piece mean you'll be spending a lot less money until you figure everything out. If you're a more experienced shooter, then I probably shouldn't be helping you since you know way more than I do.

I've been a fan of https://www.harwellholsters.com/

j14pir.jpg

This is their ProTuck for my Shield with a Speed Cut.

One thing that was mentioned a few posts back was a good point to consider. While some of the CB copies appear to be better quality because they use thicker, or stitched leather backers, that may not be the most comfortable for actual use, even though it looks better. I find that the thin, single layered cowhide on the CB is very quick to conform to your body so after about a week or so, you almost forget you are wearing it at all, unless you have a really heavy, or bulky gun.

I have the N82 Tactical Professional holster for my Shield. Not sure how others work, but I like the retention on the N82.
Your firearm is locked in nice and tight and with a slight twist of the wrist when drawing releases the gun.
IMAG1882.JPG

Crossbreed Mini Tuck or Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0

TechnaClip is also coming out with an M&P clip soon if that sort of thing is up your alley.

Head over to ODS in Yarmouth. He usually has them in stock and you can check them out before buying. I would go for the mini-tuck for the shield.

As mousegunfan replied, ODS usually has them in stock. If they don't, I own the minituck and live in Yarmouth.

Last edited:
Check out White hat holsters . I got one and it's a good quality holster .

That said - I have spent a few $ trying different brands and styles of holsters . Have a draw full of holsters that didn't work out .
When it's all said and done , I think the inexpensive nylon holsters are the way to go .

Back
Top Bottom