• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help identifying and maybe valuing

Cool looking pistol. Is that some sort of identifying mark on the flint lock mechanism? Close up of any identifying marks might help someone in the know.

I doubt it's got a huge amount of financial value, unless the lock was the work of someone important. And from the looks of it, I'd guess not. Looks like local work.

South-Central Asia? A jezail pistol? LNIB?

I will get some more info to you guys. It came to this country with my dad, who is from Hungary. My dad thinks he may have figured out a few things about the gun based on some of the inlays and and designs. I know the Hungarians spent generations fighting off the Turks, so one has to wonder if it is tied to them somehow (assuming it was not brought into the country during modern times). I know it is legit and old.

I will get some more info to you guys. It came to this country with my dad, who is from Hungary. My dad thinks he may have figured out a few things about the gun based on some of the inlays and and designs. I know the Hungarians spent generations fighting off the Turks, so one has to wonder if it is tied to them somehow (assuming it was not brought into the country during modern times). I know it is legit and old.

Shows what I know. Put a rail on it and cereakote it. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom