NES Member
anybody know what this part is?
I think it's a S&W revolver part, any info would be appreciated
thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2481.JPG
    IMG_2481.JPG
    400.5 KB · Views: 94
K through X frame has all the same guts, and that doesn't look familiar.
Could be out of a J frame?

I'm guessing the other side looks the same.

Was this in a spare parts drawer somewhere?

This most likely came out of a scandium gun or an X frame.

My 327 8 shot has this, it goes under the hammer/trigger in a vertical slot, the hand will have an extra long pivot pin
that protrudes out of the left side of the trigger and rides in the slot of this little piece.

As you pull the trigger the stub of the hammer pivot pin pushes this part up and locks the bolt closed during the firing sequence.

I'll check back tomorrow if you need more info or maybe somebody can add pic's, ain't time to clean my 327 so no pic's
from me unless you really get stuck.

Ps. unless your shooting magnum loads you can go with out it for awhile imo, but you get what you pay for with my opinions.

anybody know what this part is?
img_2481-jpg.503459
I think it's a S&W revolver part, any info would be appreciated
thanks
I got no idea;
but to mangle a joke,
when I saw that tidbit I did flash on Ron White saying "sweepin's".

Last edited:
This most likely came out of a scandium gun or an X frame.

My 327 8 shot has this, it goes under the hammer/trigger in a vertical slot, the hand will have an extra long pivot pin
that protrudes out of the left side of the trigger and rides in the slot of this little piece.

As you pull the trigger the stub of the hammer pivot pin pushes this part up and locks the bolt closed during the firing sequence.

I'll check back tomorrow if you need more info or maybe somebody can add pic's, ain't time to clean my 327 so no pic's
from me unless you really get stuck.

Ps. unless your shooting magnum loads you can go with out it for awhile imo, but you get what you pay for with my opinions.
That sounds right. Luckily it's not a part that fell out on me, it was just in a bag of small parts I got a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom